Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] In praise of our Australians......

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
We are so lucky to have Matty Ryan and Aaron Mooy . The Australian competitive spirit is a bonus and quite unique . It is in built into the Australian psyche - the fighter , maybe the underdog - the " we're gonna show " attitude.

Tonights success was partly down to their mental strength and their belief that we could win .

Onwards to Sunday ...

V Wolves : last 10 games Brighton won 4 : drawn 5 : Wolves won 1

Memory Lane : After the May 2013 game at the Amex when we beat Wolves 2-0 and they got relegated to League 1 the Wolves players went to their fans at the end of the game and threw them their shirts . And ... the fans threw them back .... fair play

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
It’s funny but over here everyone expects you to be a Liverpool, Manchester United or Chelsea fan.

As soon as I say that I am a Brighton fan pretty much everyone immediately acknowledges that we have Maty and Aaron Mooy.

Bet they would never have heard of us a few years ago!!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It’s funny but over here everyone expects you to be a Liverpool, Manchester United or Chelsea fan.

As soon as I say that I am a Brighton fan pretty much everyone immediately acknowledges that we have Maty and Aaron Mooy.

Bet they would never have heard of us a few years ago!!

There were a select few who knew about Paul Reid. He was a good 'un too.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
There were a select few who knew about Paul Reid. He was a good 'un too.

True indeed.

Bizarrely I’m meeting up with him in February when a mutual friend comes over to visit!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Aaron Mooy has got better and better as the season has progressed. Man of the match yesterday as he rarely gave the ball away, was absolutely everywhere and frequently looked like he was running the game.

I was wrong. I thought he'd prove a massive disappointment this season. Bang wrong.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here