Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Awesome....

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wasn't obvious in the away end at the Emirates, only got an inkling that the goal may be disallowed when Dunk was talking to the lino while VAR was undertaking its dark arts.

The lino wasn't in the away end though!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pepe certainly added some pep, eh? However, he definitely didn't have the run of Not-A-Left-Back BDB. From my sitting room I'd call them roughly evens.
Andy Townsend was quite funny on my feed, last night:-

'You've got to feel sorry for X there.
That perfect pass would have sailed over the head of every other left back in the country'. :lolol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We almost did mess it up. There's a lot to learn from that second half. We didn't show a great deal of resilience in the face of them reappearing determined to score, and our composure was shot for a long while after they did. Spiffing result but it would be a very different conversation had their second goal been allowed.
I still have no idea why VAR took so long to rule out the goal the most obvious offside this season.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
"The sacking of Chris Hughton is an appalling decision. Brighton have over-achieved by remaining in the Premier League. Hughton is the victim of a star-struck chairman with ideas above his station. A fine manager will flourish elsewhere. Brighton’s future is less certain."

Almost forgot that one. Who was it who said it? What a cracker.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Absolute BOBBINS

You can't expect to go to Arsenal and have it all your own way. They will have spells where they put you under, but to say we "didn't show a great deal of resilience" is an utterly LUDICROUS statement, because thats EXACTLY what we did in order to carve that result out.

Honestly, there't times on here where I think I may have walked onto the set of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. I mean CHRIST.

No resilience ? When we've just won at ARSENAL ? Fvck me.

You are quite right but your reply did make me laugh :laugh:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I gave up after Arsenal "scored" their second, so missed the VAR and the rest of the game, assuming we had blown it.

Didn't see the result until this morning.

Bad fan.

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
A stunning game to witness last night. Has there been a better BHA performance? The way we played was exhilarating. We maintained a strong defensive shape. Incisive passing between the lines, curving up Arsenal like a leg of lamb. Alzate looked so technically assured at RB, more so than Montoya has thus far. Gave the team some added balance. Webster and Dunk look really solid defensively. The bonus being their ability on the ball. Dunk for England, he is maturing into a very fine player. Propper and Mooy had big games, heavily influencing the result and overall performance. Maupay had his best game for us. Looked a real threat and took his goal really well. This could well have been the game that he finally settles into this team.

A stonking performance by a team led by a very impressive manager. Long live Potterball! Still buzzin!

:bhasign:

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
A stunning game to witness last night. Has there been a better BHA performance? The way we played was exhilarating. We maintained a strong defensive shape. Incisive passing between the lines, curving up Arsenal like a leg of lamb. Alzate looked so technically assured at RB, more so than Montoya has thus far. Gave the team some added balance. Webster and Dunk look really solid defensively. The bonus being their ability on the ball. Dunk for England, he is maturing into a very fine player. Propper and Mooy had big games, heavily influencing the result and overall performance. Maupay had his best game for us. Looked a real threat and took his goal really well. This could well have been the game that he finally settles into this team.

A stonking performance by a team led by a very impressive manager. Long live Potterball! Still buzzin!

:bhasign:

Definitely this.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I still have no idea why VAR took so long to rule out the goal the most obvious offside this season.

Yes, I was surprised at that. I counted 5 offside but am prepared to accept it might "only" have been 4 ! The second the replay was shown, it was blatantly obvious.

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
That was a jaw dropping performance. Other than 15 minutes after half time, we ran the game. Who would have thought we would have more possession than Liverpool and Arsenal? This are amazing days and none were more amazing yesterday than Mooy & Alzate, who were awesome!

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
That was a jaw dropping performance. Other than 15 minutes after half time, we ran the game. Who would have thought we would have more possession than Liverpool and Arsenal? This are amazing days and none were more amazing yesterday than Mooy & Alzate, who were awesome!

Sitting in a pub with another Albion fan at the start of the second half, we both thought that after Arsenal's first goal it would be the same old story of capitulation, as the pressure mounted. But all credit to the team - and if the article in the Argus is to be believed, credit to GP for his tactical switch - the team wrested back control and over the 90 minutes were clear deserved winners. Stunning performance. We are all now on a high -let's hope that the momentum can be carried on, on Sunday.

nickjhs

NSC Patron
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
He said we'd lose against Spurs and be bottom of the table. We stuffed Spurs and soon ended up in the top half of the table, so you'd think he wouldn't recover. But as soon as we lost a couple of games he was back here crowing about being right about Potter. Presumably it'll be the same this time. Instead of celebrating our first ever league win at Arsenal, he'll be waiting for us to lose to he can come back and troll.

So true. He really is one heck of a sad f**cker.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here