Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Awesome....

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
We almost did mess it up. There's a lot to learn from that second half. We didn't show a great deal of resilience in the face of them reappearing determined to score, and our composure was shot for a long while after they did. Spiffing result but it would be a very different conversation had their second goal been allowed.

Absolute BOBBINS

You can't expect to go to Arsenal and have it all your own way. They will have spells where they put you under, but to say we "didn't show a great deal of resilience" is an utterly LUDICROUS statement, because thats EXACTLY what we did in order to carve that result out.

Honestly, there't times on here where I think I may have walked onto the set of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. I mean CHRIST.

No resilience ? When we've just won at ARSENAL ? Fvck me.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Absolute BOBBINS

You can't expect to go to Arsenal and have it all your own way. They will have spells where they put you under, but to say we "didn't show a great deal of resilience" is an utterly LUDICROUS statement, because thats EXACTLY what we did in order to carve that result out.

Honestly, there't times on here where I think I may have walked onto the set of One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest. I mean CHRIST.

No resilience ? When we've just won at ARSENAL ? Fvck me.

Apologies for the perturbance. Not saying we expected it to all go our own way, but they came out to batter us at the start of the second half and we didn't cope. Kept giving the ball away. Had that goal been given, we'd probably not have got back into it.

el punal

Agree with you about the black shirts - load of unwanted nonsense. My guess is it's either a sponsorship requirement to wear the black kit X number of times, or part of a marketing strategy to try and sell more black shirts. IMHO, change strips should only be worn if the referee decides that there would otherwise be a genuine and troublesome colour clash.

That’s the way it is these days. I believe that the second/third strip has to be worn on a specified number of games regardless of a non-colour clash. Be thankful that we don’t have to play in Everton’s salmon pink monstrosity. :sick:

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Finally we get the monkey of our back and beat Arsenal away. Watched the match on Amazon Prime who deserve a well done also. We looked sharp and confident and deserved our half time lead. Dont know what Freddie said them at the break but for a time it was squeaky bum time. But we weathered the storm and following the display at Anfield and this one tonight i believe we can push for a top half finish

The presenter on Amazon was sure that "a team like Brighton" would expect "to spend most of the season in the bottom half". And that was after the game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
To be fair, [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] seems to be back in the tent. Enough now? ???
No.

Spence was all over this place after Liverpool and Leicester with is 'ive been saying that for months now you believe me' schtick, to anyone who wrote a negative opinion.

I've not had a good look around but if the pattern holds it'll be 'I thought we'd win' or 'they were shite' and then silence.

He's the ultimate palace troll, behaving exactly the same way.

You cut him as much slack as you want but don't expect others too until he starts owning his 'style' or better still enjoying the ride.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Apologies for the perturbance. Not saying we expected it to all go our own way, but they came out to batter us at the start of the second half and we didn't cope. Kept giving the ball away. Had that goal been given, we'd probably not have got back into it.

It wouldn't have been given though, he was miles offside because the defence skilfully held their line. It wasn't luck or a fluke.
The lino probably didn't flag because he knew VAR would sort it out.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We'd been stuck on 15 points for an age while other teams slowly reeled us in.

Hopefully we'll be on 21 by Sunday night.

:albion2:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's mornings like this that remind me of some of the bizarre and ignorant reaction to Bloom and the board reluctantly making a big and tough call on Hughton and going for Potter. People who couldn't even be bothered to look at the run of results, let alone analyse the performances.

Like this one below, from an award-winning journalist:

"The sacking of Chris Hughton is an appalling decision. Brighton have over-achieved by remaining in the Premier League. Hughton is the victim of a star-struck chairman with ideas above his station. A fine manager will flourish elsewhere. Brighton’s future is less certain."

Now he is right on one thing. The future isn't certain. And to be truthful the decision will only be fully vindicated if we stay up with a bit to spare, so we can't go too guns blazing just yet. But there were a few of them like this, many even calling Bloom a coward (it was the complete opposite) and there may be words to be said next May...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There was a 10 minute spell after their goal when we were rocking but other than that we looked composed and in control. Anyone who thought we might get through the game without being pressed and worried by a team full of excellent players must be new to football or a dreamer. Have to confess I did expect us to concede again right to the end. That would have “the Brighton way” from my experience of many years following us. I cannot believe just how much we have improved this season over last. Going to top six teams and having the bulk of the possession is not what most lower PL teams do.

I have expressed my jealousy of the way Bournemouth play for quite a while now, I think I can put that to bed now. :smile:

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The amount of players we were constantly committing forward away to a top six side was mind blowing. Potter is a genius.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
Arsenal were able to bring on a £72 000 000 substitute and were outplayed by a team like Brighton! The world's officially gone mad.

In other news I've been listening to a re-run of BBC Sussex's "The Final Whistle" from last night. Warren Aspinall was discussing the performance of Steven Alzate and said "I know for a fact that a lot of teams are watching him".
Perhaps the first player we sell for big money isn't Dunk, Trossard or White, but Alzate.

Leicester have managed their sales carefully with the irreplaceable Kante, Mahrez and Maguire all being replaced.
I wonder how Tony will play it?
Interesting times ahead.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No.

Spence was all over this place after Liverpool and Leicester with is 'ive been saying that for months now you believe me' schtick, to anyone who wrote a negative opinion.

I've not had a good look around but if the pattern holds it'll be 'I thought we'd win' or 'they were shite' and then silence.

He's the ultimate palace troll, behaving exactly the same way.

You cut him as much slack as you want but don't expect others too until he starts owning his 'style' or better still enjoying the ride.

Well, OK. I didn't take him to be a Palace troll....disappointing if true, harsh if not. I admit to feeling excessively kindly last night :lolol:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Well, OK. I didn't take him to be a Palace troll....disappointing if true, harsh if not. I admit to feeling excessively kindly last night :lolol:
Oh sorry no, he's not a palace troll, just exhibiting exactly the same behaviour.

Rolling into town after a defeat spouting forth.
Then disappearing completely after a night such as last night.

In fact I've seen one or two seemingly heart felt compliments from the palace on here, but nothing from Spence!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Oh sorry no, he's not a palace troll, just exhibiting exactly the same behaviour.

Rolling into town after a defeat spouting forth.
Then disappearing completely after a night such as last night.

In fact I've seen one or two seemingly heart felt compliments from the palace on here, but nothing from Spence!

Perhaps I was still feeling a bit guilty for mocking him on here immediately on his return....

Anyway, bollocks to that.

I think I'm still way over the legal driving limit after last night's indulgence.....I'll be back to my abrasive and vituperative self later :thumbsup:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Spence won’t get over this one :lolol:
He said we'd lose against Spurs and be bottom of the table. We stuffed Spurs and soon ended up in the top half of the table, so you'd think he wouldn't recover. But as soon as we lost a couple of games he was back here crowing about being right about Potter. Presumably it'll be the same this time. Instead of celebrating our first ever league win at Arsenal, he'll be waiting for us to lose to he can come back and troll.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Spiffing result but it would be a very different conversation had their second goal been allowed.
Well yeah, the conversation would be about why VAR cheated.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
An alternative view of the same period of the game...

They came out aggressively in the second half, scored a fluke goal, and we rode the natural pressure that scoring a goal results in. We then slowed the game, took control and scored a deserved winner. We then controlled the game until the final whistle. A perfect performance in the circumstances imo.

You are right it was a fluke goal. He did not mean it to go there.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Fair enough, The trouble is that all to often a comment like yours is not tongue in cheek. This is one reason why emoticons exist.
Nah, I'm with Javeaseagull. It's not the same if you have to add an emoticon, like an American trying to be sarcastic and having to had 'Not!' at the end.

Just look at who the poster is. If it's not one of the usual negative trolls, just assume it's a joke.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perhaps I was still feeling a bit guilty for mocking him on here immediately on his return....

Anyway, bollocks to that.

I think I'm still way over the legal driving limit after last night's indulgence.....I'll be back to my abrasive and vituperative self later :thumbsup:
I hope so.

I too wouldn't mind letting this go, but Spence appears to be fuelling it.
As trig says he's just waiting for the pattern to start again.

We lose
He's all over here.
Negative, negative, negative.
No answers himself.

Rinse and repeat.

It's been like that for a good few years.
Obviously previously most of us were joining in, but now it's just pathetic and deserves to be called out at every available opportunity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here