Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Awesome....

WOW...I had us to do the typical Brighton and f**k it up after they scored and I had a bit of a rant with everyone. However we dug in, stuck at it and got a very well deserved win.

The quality of our passing and set piece play has been excellent, plus our willingness and confidence to win was admirable...the awesome part is the fact that we have now finally, at the 17th attempt beat a 'top 6' (laughable crappy phrase) team away from home and convincingly.

This personally feels like a HUGE turning point for the team and the club, that's Spurs and Arsenal beaten convincingly now this season and in entertaining fashion...who's next?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Spence won’t get over this one :lolol:

To be fair, [MENTION=30242]spence[/MENTION] seems to be back in the tent. Enough now? ???

Last edited:

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
We almost did mess it up. There's a lot to learn from that second half. We didn't show a great deal of resilience in the face of them reappearing determined to score, and our composure was shot for a long while after they did. Spiffing result but it would be a very different conversation had their second goal been allowed.

nickjhs

NSC Patreon
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
I think you are getting over excited. It was only Arsenal!

If this is not a joke what the f**k!!!!! We could have gotten a point at Liverpool, we thrashed Spurs, the scoreline at City didn't truly reflect the game and we just beat Arsenal away and unlike last season we deserve to be even higher than our current excellent position of 13th best side in the entire English football league. What more do you people want. Why don't you and Spence go and jerk each other off somewhere else.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
We almost did mess it up. There's a lot to learn from that second half. We didn't show a great deal of resilience in the face of them reappearing determined to score, and our composure was shot for a long while after they did. Spiffing result but it would be a very different conversation had their second goal been allowed.

An alternative view of the same period of the game...

They came out aggressively in the second half, scored a fluke goal, and we rode the natural pressure that scoring a goal results in. We then slowed the game, took control and scored a deserved winner. We then controlled the game until the final whistle. A perfect performance in the circumstances imo.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
If this is not a joke what the f**k!!!!! We could have gotten a point at Liverpool, we thrashed Spurs, the scoreline at City didn't truly reflect the game and we just beat Arsenal away and unlike last season we deserve to be even higher than our current excellent position of 13th best side in the entire English football league. What more do you people want. Why don't you and Spence go and jerk each other off somewhere else.

I think you'll find that he was extracting the urine.

All ifs and buts, that's football. I said we almost messed up, but we didn't. No need to talk about ifs or buts.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Fair points.

Potter OUT!!

Oh, hang on....

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
An alternative view of the same period of the game...

They came out aggressively in the second half, scored a fluke goal, and we rode the natural pressure that scoring a goal results in. We then slowed the game, took control and scored a deserved winner. We then controlled the game until the final whistle. A perfect performance in the circumstances imo.

I'll take that :)

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014

Just for clarity it was tongue in cheek. Calm down FFS. It's not the same when you have to explain things.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Just back from the match.

Possibly, one of the finest performances I've seen in 23 years of supporting the Albion.

Every single player was bloody amazing. Thanks!

nickjhs

NSC Patreon
Apr 9, 2017
Ballarat, Australia
All ifs and buts, that's football. I said we almost messed up, but we didn't. No need to talk about ifs or buts.

Yes there is. There are quite a few dic*heads on here who keep whining that we are no better than last season and using the points tally to demonstrate this. The ifs and buts are reversed compared to this time last season, we had some incredibly lucky wins before December and then our luck ran out. This year is pretty much the opposite we deserve every point we have and had run of luck gone our way quite a few more. IE we are a much better side than last year.

Brian Parsons

May 16, 2013
Bicester, Oxfordshire.
Finally we get the monkey of our back and beat Arsenal away. Watched the match on Amazon Prime who deserve a well done also. We looked sharp and confident and deserved our half time lead. Dont know what Freddie said them at the break but for a time it was squeaky bum time. But we weathered the storm and following the display at Anfield and this one tonight i believe we can push for a top half finish to the season. One thing still,mystifies me, why were we in black? where was the colour / style clash?

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

Agree and disagree. I am sure, he is a prem manager and I'm merely a supporter, that he told the team the oppo would come out fighting in the second half, and they did, but a scrappy goal. What I saw after was a calm, approached Brighton side that didn't fold under pressure away at the Emirates. Remember what we did well, most shots, most on target and most possession again, as we did at Anfield. I don't really know how you can even think their second goal would be allowed. The lino was an obvious liability and I called offside before the ball hit the net, it was obvious to everyone but the flag man. I was 100% sure it would be called. So that doesn't come into any conversation whatsoever. We won on merit. Just take it as so.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Finally we get the monkey of our back and beat Arsenal away. Watched the match on Amazon Prime who deserve a well done also. We looked sharp and confident and deserved our half time lead. Dont know what Freddie said them at the break but for a time it was squeaky bum time. But we weathered the storm and following the display at Anfield and this one tonight i believe we can push for a top half finish to the season. One thing still,mystifies me, why were we in black? where was the colour / style clash?
Agree with you about the black shirts - load of unwanted nonsense. My guess is it's either a sponsorship requirement to wear the black kit X number of times, or part of a marketing strategy to try and sell more black shirts. IMHO, change strips should only be worn if the referee decides that there would otherwise be a genuine and troublesome colour clash.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The lino was an obvious liability and I called offside before the ball hit the net, it was obvious to everyone but the flag man. I was 100% sure it would be called. So that doesn't come into any conversation whatsoever. We won on merit. Just take it as so.

Wasn't obvious in the away end at the Emirates, only got an inkling that the goal may be disallowed when Dunk was talking to the lino while VAR was undertaking its dark arts.

Feb 3, 2013

What are you on about mate?

Javeaseagull

Feb 22, 2014
No problem with the black away strip. Newcastle also wore a black strip. I have a foot in both camps and both teams won. Happy bunny here.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here