Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team v Wolves.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
All being fit I would start the same team as started against Arsenal with 1 change Bernardo for Burn not because Burn played badly, as he didnt , but Bernardo is quicker to counter Wolves attacks from Doherty and or Traore. If as suggested Connolly tweaked his hamstring start Trossard with Maupay

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Connolly wont start, if I know my Potter right. He doesnt like to start teenagers twice in one week, since usually arent physically capable. I think he is pretty strict about it considering he even rested Daniel James a lot. And Connolly ran a lot against Arsenal.

Think the lineup will be:
Ryan - Burn, Webster, Dunk, Montoya - Mooy, Stephens, Pröpper - Trossard, Maupay, Gross

Not sure you’ve come across Bernardo before but please do expect him to break into the team fairly soon. He is faster than any other defender we have and pretty damn skilful as well, he could start tomorrow.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Not sure you’ve come across Bernardo before but please do expect him to break into the team fairly soon. He is faster than any other defender we have and pretty damn skilful as well, he could start tomorrow.

I havent but I look forward to see him play. Not tomorrow though. He has not made many minutes this season and they are a very difficult opponent. Either he needs to get subbed in when games are already won or lost, or he needs to start against an easier opponent. Thats my opinion. And especially tommorow I think its the wrong game. Burns did well against Arsenal. And while you can never scout a Graham Potter team, I dont think he wants to many changes for tomorrow.

I think Connolly and unfortunately Alzate (I personally hope he starts) will be resting tomorrow but the other 9 will probably be the same.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
I'll give it a Try

Ryan
Montoya
Dunk
Webster
Burn
Stephens
Propper
Alzate
Mooy
Trossard
Maupay

Subs Murray Bernardo Duffy Bissuoma Button Gross Connolly

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Is Connoly injured? Read somewhere he did something to his hamstring.

Would love to see the same 11 again.

I wouldn’t be surprised...saw him holding the back of a thigh just before he was substituted...and with such a short turnaround I can’t see him playing if it is a hamstring injury

Not according to Potter yesterday. Had a bit of cramp on Thursday so was taken off, but not injured - only March and Izquierdo are out injured.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I've given up trying to guess and am quite enjoying the surprise.

Keep the faith and enjoy the ride.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Indeed. In Potter I trust.

It's not just the starting line up, the 18'have been fairly consistent, but the formation and approach. It's almost like he studies the opposition and comes up with a plan, which never involves parking or large Vehicles :wink:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
----------------Ryan
Montoya Dunk Burn Bernardo
--------Stephens Alzate
---------Mooy Trossard
-------Connolly Maupay

Button, Schelloto, Webster, Duffy, Propper, Gross, Murray

I'm dropping Gross, Webster and Propper. None of those decisions i'm taking lightly

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont agree with dropping Webster, and I am not his biggest fan, but keeping Burn in I would do the opposite and keep Webster with Dunk but do agree with Bernardo at left back.

raymondo

Apr 26, 2017
Wiltshire
I think Gross needs to sit out this one. The ref would just be waiting for him to grab a striker's shirt [as per the pundit showcase chat on Amazon], and a pen against is a near certainty this time.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Gross will certainly sit this one out.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Waste of bloody time but ......

Ryan
Montoya
Dunk
Webster
Burn
Stephens
Alzate
Mooy
Propper
Trossard
Maupay

Thought Connolly left the pitch a little gingerly soooooooooo

Subs Muzza Schelotto Bernardo Bissouma Duffy Button Gross

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If everyone is fit I'd start with the same aide, great momentum and Wolverhampton are a poor side in a false position. If we perform like that again it's another 3 points.

By false position do you mean being 6th, as opposed to 7th where they finished last season?

So they've done well in Europe and the Thurs-Sunday thing but are a poor side?

I agre with Hughton - "These are a good side."

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
By false position do you mean being 6th, as opposed to 7th where they finished last season?

So they've done well in Europe and the Thurs-Sunday thing but are a poor side?

I agre with Hughton - "These are a good side."

I’ve not seen much of them but Villa supporting relative from up there thinks they’re overrated and Villa should be above them in the table.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here