Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Leaving the pitch after treatment

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Apologies if it's been brought up elsewhere but was anyone else concerned when just prior to an Arsenal corner in the second half, Dunk and Webster collided and both ended up receiving treatment?
I was expecting it to be taken with both our centre backs off the field but they were both permitted to stay on the pitch and defend the corner.
Am I missing some sort of loop hole in the rules with having to leave the pitch after treatment?

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If it's 2 (or more) players from the same team, in the same incident, they don't need to leave the pitch.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
If it's 2 (or more) players from the same team, in the same incident, they don't need to leave the pitch.
Ah gotcha. There were even Arsenal players seemingly gestering that they should leave the pitch so even they dont appear to know the rules

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Yeh I didn’t know that rule - glad for it though!

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Plus I thought head injuries, which both were didn't require the player(s) to leave the pitch.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
That says a lot about arsenals predicament, when professional footballers don't know the rules of the game they're playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here