Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Saved by VAR tonight?

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Interesting. Did you think this one was remotely marginal then?

Not remotely marginal as I saw it. As I mentioned on the other thread, I was screaming at my laptop for offside before Luiz even put it in the net. Three Arsenal players looked offside even before the benefit of replay.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Will Arsenal feel hard done by not getting a penalty in the first half? On 3 occasions Gross looked to be holding an Arsenal player from a corner which VAR could and should have picked up perhaps.
Pundits didn't feel there were enough on any of them, but I hope Potter has a word. certainly blatant, and I've seen similar given

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Will Arsenal feel hard done by not getting a penalty in the first half? On 3 occasions Gross looked to be holding an Arsenal player from a corner which VAR could and should have picked up perhaps.

A little bit of shirt pulling which happens at every match. Dermot had already said it wasn't the 'triangle' shirt pull.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
I'm not sure how their goal wasn't disallowed for offside personally
He clearly wasn't offside, that's why. I'd be more concerned that no defender thought it necessary to attempt a challenge or try and head it clear

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Over one third of the entire Arsenal team offside by a mile and the lino does not flag.

Hilarious.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Linos have been told not to flag and let VAR decide.

The lino didn’t flag and let VAR decide.

VAR has absolutely nothing to do with us winning. :shrug:

Was just on - but I thought there was a clear shove on Propper...

monty uk

Sep 25, 2018
Marginal enough for a linesman to let play run.

I think linesman take the safer option of letting anything resembling marginal go.

On replay it’s pretty clear cut but you have a defensive team holding a line with plenty of bodies close to or in advance of the line. I’m not blaming the linesman when you look at the Shelvey goal tonight.

Had the ball not not gone into the goal, VAR would not have reviewed it. And had Ryan saved a goal and given a corner they would have an advantage - even though the player won it from an offside position. Just because the linesman wasn't sure!

The linesman was at fault. It was a dead ball situation so he should be able to correctly decide.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
So lino's have about as bright a future as Corbyn then?

#linostogrowapair

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
That linesman missed several offside in the 2nd half though. They were just shit. I am not sure they would have flagged.

They were shit, but David Luiz might as well have been in with the fans behind the goal whilst our defenders stood their ground on the edge of the box. He was so far offside! If the lino had missed it I would have dismissed cheating as an option. It would have been match fixing, no other option.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Linos have been told not to flag and let VAR decide.

The lino didn’t flag and let VAR decide.

VAR has absolutely nothing to do with us winning. :shrug:
That's absolutely crazy. What's the point of then even being there?

Waste of time and effort and not fair on the supporters who think their team scored a goal!

Absolute shitshow.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

Yeh, they didn't show it, but their player, I think Kolasinac, was surely off and surely interfering.

VAR .... exists to bail the big teams out basically

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Luiz goal. Not even a debate. Half their team clearly off. Terrific defensive line by us.

The lino should be sacked on the spot for not seeing that. Useless

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
it's not often you see 4 players offside all at once.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here