Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings Arsenal - Brighton

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I really dont care what Radio Sussex, the TV team or the surviving Bee Gees-guy thinks about Stephens or anything else. I'm allergic to "celebrity opinion" and "twitter trends" etc. I judge from my own perception. I was close to giving him an 8 though, he had a good game. Looking at it statistically, to see if my eyes have missed out on something really obvious and important, I cant really see much reason to see his performance today as significantly better than what he usually does.

He’s usually a quality DM, doing the non-sexy stuff of shielding the back 4, destroying attacks. The Albion player’s favourite player season after season by all accounts.

Tonight, on top of that, with Mooy he was the fulcrum of our attacking play, they bossed the centre of the park.

Lovely to see people who know so little about our club, but know a lot about football, like Dixon, highlighting what a great performance by Stephens. But as we regularly go to Albion matches, we all knew that already, didn’t we?

Last edited:

Tesco in Disguise

Where do we go from here?
Jul 5, 2003
Wienerville
Special mentions:

Ryan - incredible display. Definitely earned us points tonight.

Mooy - best player for us by a margin. Every time he got on the ball good and scary things happened.

Trossard - granted against tired legs, but looked a class above those around him.

Maupay - weak link (so surprised at OP's comment). Poor judge of how the ball would fall, couldn't get the ball out of his feet, don't know how he missed that point blank chance second half. Goal was well taken, and saved his night.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Steven Alzate is an attacking midfielder who before this season had never played above League 2.

He deserves a 10 for that block on PEA alone. What a f*cking player.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Team performance 10. And we did it under the radar. 95% of the telly chat was about the arse. That suits me, sir.

Meanwhile back in our world :rock::rock::rock::rave::rave::rave::vuvu::vuvu::vuvu:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan - 7
Burn - 6
Dunk - 7
Webster - 6
Alzate - 7
Stephens - 7
Propper - 6
Mooy - 9
Gross - 7
Connolly - 7
Maupay - 8

Montoya - 7
Trossard - 7

Team performance - 9

Potter - 8

Ref - 8
Linesman - 4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Ryan - 8

Alzate - 7
Dunk - 7
Webster - 7
Burn - 8

Stephens - 8
Pröpper - 6
Groß - 6
Mooy - 9

Connolly - 7
Maupay - 8

Tross - 7
Duff - N/A
Montoya - 7

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Ryan 7. It was the best and worst of Ryan. Some high class saves, but he he was a presence-free zone on the arsenal goal

Dunk 8 . Dunk being dunk, against let’s not forget a world-class forward line

Burn 8. For a makeshift left back making his way in the premier league , he is impressively consistent

Webster 7. Still not the dominant dunk-equal he could be. Getting there though, Took his goal well

Alzate 8. Time for him to take over from Montoya

Stephens 7. His dilly dallying in the area nearly cost us a goal but influential in our best patches

Propper 7. More shots at goal please . There’s a maestro in there somewhere

Gross 6. From our best player in 2017 to a weak link now. Shows how far we’ve come.

Mooy 9. Let’s face it arsenal were terrible but mooy showed what he can do if given time and space.

Maupay 8. Poacher’s goal

Connolly 6. Something of a Forrest Gump today. He needs to look up more.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Yes, Trossard was on for a very short time but that interchange with Mooy that led to Maupay's goal was worth the train fare - the last time I saw anyone doing anything like that, in that corner of a pitch, in a stadium like that, it was Raheem Stirling in the semi-final.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Special mentions:

Ryan - incredible display. Definitely earned us points tonight.

Mooy - best player for us by a margin. Every time he got on the ball good and scary things happened.

Trossard - granted against tired legs, but looked a class above those around him.

Maupay - weak link (so surprised at OP's comment). Poor judge of how the ball would fall, couldn't get the ball out of his feet, don't know how he missed that point blank chance second half. Goal was well taken, and saved his night.

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

And yet Maupay was awarded MotM by Amazon, funny ol’ game football, isn’ it...?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ryan 9

Alzate 8
Dunk 7
Webster 9
Burn 7

Stephens 7
Propper 7
Mooy 9
Gross 7

Connelly 8
Maupay 9

I really could not separate Webster, Mooy and Maupay. All 3 were standout for me.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Ryan, Burn, Webdini, Alzate, Stephens, Mooy, Connolly, Maupay - 8
Dunk, Gross, Propper - 7

Team performance - 8

Arsenal were truly terrible.

Trelford Mills Guide Dog

Jun 14, 2008
Ryan ... 8
Alzate ... 7.5
Webster ... 7
Dunk ... 7
Burn ... 7.5
Pröpper 6.5
Stephens 7
Groß 6.5
Mooy 9 (MoM)
Connolly 7.5
Maupay 8

mreprice

Sep 12, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Glad everyone noticed how good Alzate is. Even though I prefer him further forward. I’m so confused on Burn. Doesn’t get right enough and gets done for pace a lot and isn’t a left back - but always seems to also play alright / well at the same time. 2 new full backs needed for me - although I do rate Bernardo highly.

I’m also confused by Burn. I’m especially confused as to why he was standing unmarked in the middle of the box when Maupay headed in the winner. If Maupay has let it go it would have gone straight to him. Wasn’t he supposed to be playing left back?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Ryan 9

Alzate 8
Dunk 8
Webster 10
Burn 9

Stephens 9
Propper 8
Mooy 10
Gross 8

Connelly 9
Maupay 9

Terrific to a man on a night of history making.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Thus far the averages are:

1. Mooy 9.25 MoTM
2. Maupay 8.29
3. Alzate 7.82
4. Ryan 7.79
5. Burn 7.73
6. Webster 7.57
7. Stephens 7.54
== Connolly 7.54
9. Dunk 7.29
10. Propper 6.82
== Gross 6.82

Subs:

Duffy 8.0
Montoya 7.33
Trossard 7.00

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Worst of all, there was a delay. My phone told me Webster scored before the corner was taken

Something us expat stream-watching Seagulls have become used to. Avoid NSC or any other source during the game, as the stream is generally a couple of minutes behind live! :wink:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here