The 7.628th VAR thread

0 Not allowed!
    What's your take on this one then?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

3 Not allowed!
      VAR is a joke, needs to be scrapped.

In any normal season, David Luiz would have been flagged off, it was miles offside. Because of VAR, the lino leaves his flag down and we’ve got to go through that farce. It’s ridiculous.
      A. Virgo, Football Genius

0 Not allowed!
      this wasnt offside though was it. and i think the ref had seen it that way, allowed play to continue.
      Daily Mail readers are living in a perpetual hell, expecting their homes to be overrun at any minute by hoodie wearing, skunk smoking, muslim, transgender, asylum seekers.

0 Not allowed!
      Last season that was a yellow card offence
      Panic! At The Amex Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Farehamseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      VAR is a joke, needs to be scrapped.

In any normal season, David Luiz would have been flagged off, it was miles offside. Because of VAR, the lino leaves his flag down and we’ve got to go through that farce. It’s ridiculous.
      Lino should still have stuck his flag up shirley?
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

0 Not allowed!
      More importantly - and I can say it now without being accused of being bitter - that was SURELY a clear push on Propper for the goal. Clearly! Ffs The comms of course, in their constant bias (particularly Clive) asked Washington it a foul on the keeper Alan?’
      Seeing kids in the school or in the parks with Albion shirts instead of the big clubs and easy ones, that’s it. We have done it.

Inigo Calderon
      May 2016

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Lino should still have stuck his flag up shirley?
      I don't know if shes into that sort of thing
      Work and family mean I have to watch on the radio

1 Not allowed!
      When Maupay scored his winner and I just sat quiet staring at the screen I got reminded of how much I hate this VAR shit.
      Devil's Advocate (p/t)

1 Not allowed!
      Since VAR will only check goals, red cards, identities and penalties, they will only check for offside with one of those things happening (i.e. will only check for offside if there is a goal or penalty etc to be reviewed). If they stop play because the lino flagged, then looked at the video and saw the attacker was onside, how can they fairly give the attacking team back their advantage? They can't which is why the premier league introduced this:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1297403

Where there is a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity and the assistant referee is not certain whether the attacker actively involved is in an offside position, the assistant should delay indicating the offence until the phase of play has concluded.

Where there is a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity and the assistant referee is certain the attacker actively involved is in an offside position, then the assistant should indicate the offence immediately.

In both of these situations the referee should wait to blow the whistle until the immediate phase of play has ended.

Someone breaking through is a clear and obvious goalscoring opportunity, no? This is just an extreme example of things we've seen several times already this season - a tight offside decision is flagged, play continues because a goal scoring opportunity has arisen, and the tight offside will only be checked by VAR if they are reviewing a goal.

Players' (and fans') ignorance of this policy is not the fault of the officials or VAR.
      Please report offensive or libellous posts - read more
      Uckfield Seagull I remember the good times's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Surely the question should be 'why is Bozza watching the SHU V NEW game? Multi screens in play.