Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Latest on Macclesfield Town.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
I remember going to Macclesfield away about 20 years ago. Think it was a Sunday 4pm kick off or something stupid

Got to the station an hour before kick off. No Albion fans at all unsurprisingly. The only thing I can remember is getting to the town and having no idea where the ground was but seeing the old fashioned corner floodlights which were clearly the highest thing in the town and finding my way that way. No real reason why I'm saying this other than whenever I think of Macclesfield it reminds me us of being s*** in division 4, the old school pre internet method of finding a ground and how much I love the old tower floodlights.

I couldn't tell you if we won or lost

Hope they pull through

Sounds like the game I went to. 1-1 we equalised late in front of our fans. A close range Mayo header from memory. I think it was the 98/99 season but may have been the season previous.

butchy

Jul 24, 2005
Bethnal Green, E2
I remember going to Macclesfield away about 20 years ago. Think it was a Sunday 4pm kick off or something stupid

Got to the station an hour before kick off. No Albion fans at all unsurprisingly. The only thing I can remember is getting to the town and having no idea where the ground was but seeing the old fashioned corner floodlights which were clearly the highest thing in the town and finding my way that way. No real reason why I'm saying this other than whenever I think of Macclesfield it reminds me us of being s*** in division 4, the old school pre internet method of finding a ground and how much I love the old tower floodlights.

I couldn't tell you if we won or lost

Hope they pull through

2000/2001 I think - 0-0.....was my first ever away game........

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
2000/2001 I think - 0-0.....was my first ever away game........

Not a memorable game then

Now we're pissing over Arsenal away and they are going to the wall. Incredible how things can turn out for good or ill in football

Leekbrookgull

Jul 14, 2005
Leek
The ground i understand is council owned,which East Cheshire council hoped to develop as they could find a site at Lyme Green close to the retail park,there is money to be made by the owner as there is nothing own apart fixtures and fittings.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
How was the owner deemed as fit and proper by the fa and how will fining a club that the fa helped to put in the **** and who cant pay wages going to to solve the issue. I am really starting to hate football

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
English football is sick unfortunately. A LOT needs to be done or there will be 30-40 EFL clubs getting into Barnet / Bolton / Macclesfield situations next time there is a 2008 type recession. A lot of clubs are run by idiots or criminals.

While mostly happy that this isnt the case, there are situations where I wish we'd return to a more primitive world where, if you **** over thousands of people, they go home to you and beat the shit out of you.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
How many games will they be able to suspend before the EFL pulls the plug?

Not looking good for their future survival.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
They are a non league club set up and should budget as such. No fan base doesn't help. In their whole existence they have spent the same time in the league as us at Withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here