Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion lose £21.2m in 2018/19

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Let's seewhat Mr Maguire has to say about it....

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One-and-a-bit Ali J's to keep things topical*

(* - yes, I do really know that the purchase price of a player is amortised over the length of their contractual term)

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Let's seewhat Mr Maguire has to say about it....

Screenshot_20191204-193127_Photos.jpg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Just read the article. We could do with staying up. Not that we're anything like in Palace's predicament, but financially going down would be a bit of a bugger

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So, Mr Bloom is owed £272m.

Out of interest, bearing in mind that season ticket prices went up and the average 'gate' went up marginally, then why is matchday income down? One can assume people aren't spending as much at the concessions!

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So, Mr Bloom is owed £272m.

Out of interest, bearing in mind that season ticket prices went up and the average 'gate' went up marginally, then why is matchday income down? One can assume people aren't spending as much at the concessions!

Take the bottle tops away and what so you expect, people aren't going to buy drinks to see them dripping down the stands

LadySeagull

Jan 21, 2011
Portslade
I expect some people are similar to me, in that I no longer buy any food at the Amex because I can't take water with me. I am NOT faffing with no bottle top.

I'm not likely to buy alcohol in the daytime as that's not my thing, but I used to buy food every time, and now, nothing at all. All these small changes have an effect.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I expect some people are similar to me, in that I no longer buy any food at the Amex because I can't take water with me. I am NOT faffing with no bottle top.

I've wasted enough money on topless bottles being knocked over, so we just ask for tap water in a plastic pint cup now. It's far less likely to get knocked over and, if it does, I've not wasted money on it.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A £21m loss, yet our top player pay was allegedly £50k a week. Whilst CP, Bmuff, Stains and Wolves, to name just 4, pay several players at a higher level than us.

Seems a hard ask to breakeven whilst remaining in the PL, for clubs of our size, unless you can sell the odd player for a huge sum.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
A £21m loss, yet our top player pay was allegedly £50k a week. Whilst CP, Bmuff, Stains and Wolves, to name just 4, pay several players at a higher level than us.

Seems a hard ask to breakeven whilst remaining in the PL, for clubs of our size, unless you can sell the odd player for a huge sum.

You break even / make money in two ways - get into the Champions League and sell a sh*tload of merchandise in Asia - or you don't spend any money, bounce back up again, don't spend any money, bounce back up again (think Norwich).

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
You break even / make money in two ways - get into the Champions League and sell a sh*tload of merchandise in Asia - or you don't spend any money, bounce back up again, don't spend any money, bounce back up again (think Norwich).

Plus commercial deals, as in sponsorships. ManU and Liverpool, and their like, have exponential growth in this aspect, obviously we’re not in that ball park.

But I’d be interested to know the commercial income at West Ham, Leicester, Southampton and Wolves for example. I could look it up at Companies House, but can’t be arsed this time of night.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Plus commercial deals, as in sponsorships. ManU and Liverpool, and their like, have exponential growth in this aspect, obviously we’re not in that ball park.

But I’d be interested to know the commercial income at West Ham, Leicester, Southampton and Wolves for example. I could look it up at Companies House, but can’t be arsed this time of night.

You don't have to make that effort - here -

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2019/may/22/premier-league-finances-club-guide-2017-18-accounts-manchester-united-city

and

http://www.sportspromedia.com/analysis/premier-league-2019-20-guide-club-sponsor-tv-rights-deals

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here