Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] James Bond: No Time To Die - Official Trailer

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm so confused at how quickly album reviews come out. People making huge declarations on day one that it's the best or worst thing ever. You need at least 5-10 listens to an album to really get what it's about, in most cases imo.

At least the reader gets that it's a snapshot review, right? Best Thing Ever is just hyperbole.

Takes a long time (months, years) to put anything into proper historical context, I think.

It really is quite pony though isn't it.

Peaked with View to a Kill - obviously.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
This is what that junkie loser Amy Winehouse blew:

1. Bond movie theme song commission
2. Rolling Stones world tour support gig
3. Life & Love

Don't be like junkie loser Amy kidz

Just say no :shrug:

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
You've just reminded me of another modern annoyance - how ludicrously quickly a Netflix show will skip into the next episode.

Yes, this is one of my pet hates. It's not just skipping through episodes of a show either. You've just watched the climax to a 2 hour film; the credits start rolling with some appropriate music which usually matches your feelings of the ending; then 3 seconds later you find yourself watching a trailer for some shitehouse Netflix produced film with a slowed down 80s song cover playing over the top.

As for the Bond theme, I went from thinking it was a bit pony to actually really liking it within a single listen.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A decent tune but it's hardly, the living daylight's, is it ?

gazingdown

Feb 26, 2011
For those complaining about Netflix playing next episode/trailer you can change this in your Netflix account setting. Log on and you can do it.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You've just reminded me of another modern annoyance - how ludicrously quickly a Netflix show will skip into the next episode.

Been watching The Stranger (it's alright, plot's a bit wonky) and we just watched an episode that ended on a massive reveal. Credits. Boom. You want to take 5-10 seconds at MINIMUM to think over the ramifications of what's just happened, how it affects the information you already have from the plot.

But you get no time to do any of this. Within 5 seconds it's starting up the next episode. Sometimes the credits are a much needed moment to decompress - the same with a thoughtful ending to a great film.

Went to see Joker at Worthing Dome a few months back, and the SECOND the film ended, half of the cinema got up and started talking. Properly pissed me off no end.

Have you thought of using the pause button?

Doesn't work at the cinema though and I do agree about people leaving as soon as it ends.
Incidentally I thought that the Stranger was good until the last 15 minutes of the last episode. Then it got silly.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Heard it. Hated it.Not sure what historical context has to do with it?

You literally said it was it "possibly the worst ever" - comparing it, unfavourably, to every Bond theme through history.

A bit like naming "Mac Allister the worst Albion No.10 ever" after you've seen him play for 20 min (don't do that).

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

Been watching The Stranger (it's alright, plot's a bit wonky) and we just watched an episode that ended on a massive reveal. Credits. Boom. You want to take 5-10 seconds at MINIMUM to think over the ramifications of what's just happened, how it affects the information you already have from the plot.

They've finally fixed it! Log in to netflix on a browser and go to edit your profile. You can turn off auto-play!!

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
You literally said it was it "possibly the worst ever" - comparing it, unfavourably, to every Bond theme through history.

A bit like naming "Mac Allister the worst Albion No.10 ever" after you've seen him play for 20 min (don't do that).

Have you nothing better to do than split hairs?

Get a life ffs

I will rephrase my original post:

I hate this and maybe after 20 listens to a track I really dislike and having played every other Bond theme several times over I will THEN decide if it is the worst theme ever.

Better?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Have you nothing better to do than split hairs?

Get a life ffs

I will rephrase my original post:

I hate this and maybe after 20 listens to a track I really dislike and having played every other Bond theme several times over I will THEN decide if it is the worst theme ever.

Better?

Thanks. Keep us posted. :thumbsup:

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
I find society nowadays appear to HATE things instantaniously, I'd rather give it the benefit of listening or watching it over time & only then making a judgement.

I believe it relates to how people now want instant gratification, there's no middle ground, 'Love or Hate', why has it got to be a binary choice??

Ok, the new Bond theme isn't ground breaking but it's a good attempt that totally fits the remit for me.

An 18yr old to be writing the theme tune for an iconic franchise is totally amazing, don't bin it in an instant, take your time and listen, learn to appreciate, life's too short.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
For those complaining about Netflix playing next episode/trailer you can change this in your Netflix account setting. Log on and you can do it.

I still want it to play the next episode, I just don't want it to start playing it 3 seconds after the credits start rolling on the previous episode.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Have you thought of using the pause button?

Doesn't work at the cinema though and I do agree about people leaving as soon as it ends.
Incidentally I thought that the Stranger was good until the last 15 minutes of the last episode. Then it got silly.

Often watching on iMac where I’m not near the controls - also that’s still missing the point a little as I WANT the credits music as the background to my contemplations.

I’m 5 episodes in and we’re enjoying it while also thinking it’s a little silly, feels like too many different strands to keep hold of at once but hopefully it’ll all come together and make sense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here