Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] James Bond: No Time To Die - Official Trailer

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Another one of those trailers which pretty much shows the climax to all the good bits, so I'll go in feeling like I've seen half of it already. "Oh here comes the bit where he spins the car round and shoots everyone". They did it with 1917 too - watching the dogfight in the sky "oh this must be when that the plane crashes into the barn and nearly kills them". Even the bloody ENDING when he's running alongside the trench with shells going off all over the shop.

Anyone remember when trailers used to TANTILISE, and leave a bit of mystery ? I can remember the trailers for ET, which barely showed a glimpse of the alien - you had to go and see the movie to actually see the creature. Then there was the Ghostbusters campaign, with posters of the Ghostbusters logo and "Coming to save the world....soon".

Anyway. Old fart, signing off.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It looks like we have another modernist/brutalist concrete construction for the baddies lair. We've missed a really decent lair in many of the recent films. Every villain needs to have commissioned Tado Ando, or Zaha Hadid for a base from which to rule the world.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Another one of those trailers which pretty much shows the climax to all the good bits, so I'll go in feeling like I've seen half of it already. "Oh here comes the bit where he spins the car round and shoots everyone". They did it with 1917 too - watching the dogfight in the sky "oh this must be when that the plane crashes into the barn and nearly kills them". Even the bloody ENDING when he's running alongside the trench with shells going off all over the shop.

Anyone remember when trailers used to TANTILISE, and leave a bit of mystery ? I can remember the trailers for ET, which barely showed a glimpse of the alien - you had to go and see the movie to actually see the creature. Then there was the Ghostbusters campaign, with posters of the Ghostbusters logo and "Coming to save the world....soon".

Watching the last Star Wars at the IMAX last month I saw the trailers for 1917 and Nolan's Tenet, in which they basically played an entire scene in its entirety, followed by a super fast cut of all the extra weirdness. I actually found it a little off-putting, though appreciate that having turned 40 I am also crossing into the no-mans land of Old Fartedom.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Watching the last Star Wars at the IMAX last month I saw the trailers for 1917 and Nolan's Tenet, in which they basically played an entire scene in its entirety, followed by a super fast cut of all the extra weirdness. I actually found it a little off-putting, though appreciate that having turned 40 I am also crossing into the no-mans land of Old Fartedom.

Exactly. Gimmee a taster, but don't show off snapshots of half the bloody film.

The Clamp

NSC Patreon
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Totally agree. I avoid trailers if it’s for a film I want to see.
Anther thing that struck me as odd is you now get trailers for the trailer. If you watch one on YouTube more often than not after pressing play, you get a 5 second burst of the film and a title that reads, for example “Terminator 12...Trailer”.

Bizarre

It’s the informations age. People are so used to being able to know everything about anything at the touch of a screen, they don’t want to go and see some thing unless they are 100% guaranteed to love every second of it. It’s partly down to the fact people can watch bits of loads of stuff before they decide to watch the whole thing and if they don’t like it? Switch it off and find something else. At the cinema you can’t do that. T

That’s my theory anyway. Was never like this pre-internet or pre-Netflix.

Last edited:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Well, it's no 'Skyfall' but then what is.

Decent enough by-the-numbers Bond theme from a film for which I have somewhat low expectations.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Couldn't agree more. For me, a great trailer gives you a really good sense of the look, feel, tone, mood and sound of a film, but none of the story. And I do mean NONE. I don't want to be told what happens at all. That's what I'm going to see the film for.

Some trailers basically give you all 3 bloody acts.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I'm getting old. I've got the full set over here

1. Never heard of Billy Elliott
2. I Think it's Rubbish. A dirge of the highest order
3. Complain that "It's no Living Daylights is it?
4. "Chris Cornell would be turning in his grave"

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here