Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] James Bond: No Time To Die - Official Trailer

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
Press the pause button after 2 seconds?

That rather defeats the purpose. The whole point of the auto-play feature is to remove the need to press anything between episodes.

I realise this is a very trivial thing to get annoyed about. I am a software developer, so I probably get more wound up about bad user experience design than most.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I am not a fan of the song on first hearing. It is too one note, I like my Bond themes like live and let die, a nice calm verse followed by a rocking chorus. The song may grow on me, or sound better when I'm hearing in the context of the film, but on first hearing this morning I'm not impressed.

Anyone remember when trailers used to TANTILISE, and leave a bit of mystery ? I can remember the trailers for ET, which barely showed a glimpse of the alien - you had to go and see the movie to actually see the creature. Then there was the Ghostbusters campaign, with posters of the Ghostbusters logo and "Coming to save the world....soon".

Couldn't agree more. For me, a great trailer gives you a really good sense of the look, feel, tone, mood and sound of a film, but none of the story. And I do mean NONE. I don't want to be told what happens at all. That's what I'm going to see the film for.

Some trailers basically give you all 3 bloody acts.

Was never like this pre-internet or pre-Netflix.

Many people credit Jaws as 'the first summer blockbuster'. And it's the trailer that springs to mind whenever I hear people complaining about trailers giving too much away these days. Here's the trailer:

https://youtu.be/U1fu_sA7XhE

If you ask me, that's practically the whole film. "We're gonna need a bigger boat" as a line is given away in it.

Here's the ET trailer:

https://youtu.be/Qg5It20sHQk

It doesn't show ET (other than the rather significant glowing finger), but it pretty much lays out the plot points.

Ghostbusters:

https://youtu.be/6hDkhw5Wkas

Trailers have always given away a lot of the movies, more than some would like. There will be exceptions, some films that sell themselves on the mystery and the not giving anything away, but that only works because so many do give everything away, and have forever.

I'm not saying anyone is wrong to not like so much being given away, just that it isn't a modern thing.

Anther thing that struck me as odd is you now get trailers for the trailer. If you watch one on YouTube more often than not after pressing play, you get a 5 second burst of the film and a title that reads, for example “Terminator 12...Trailer”.

I've complained about that elsewhere and was told it was because they use the same video for those adverts you get at the start of other videos, where you have to wait five seconds before you can skip to the video you want to see. It is an attempt to grab attention and entice people to watch the whole advert before they have a chance to skip to the video they actually want to see.

Personally I can't see why they don't have two versions of the video.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Fastest-ever selling Bond theme (first week) - and only second to be UK No.1.

The producers will be happy....

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Looking forward to this, Daniel Craig has been a great Bond and I'd like to see him go out on a high. Craig manages to get that balance right between being someone who will kill in an instant or romance or con their way to what they want. You seriously would not want to **** with him when he's on a mission and that's the point, Connery and Craig both have menace, Lazenby, Moore and Brosnan never had that and Dalton only had it in flashes.

Soylent Blue

Banned
Mar 13, 2019
Am I the only one here who grew up in a "It will be on the TV at Christmas" family and have never bothered to go and see a bond movie at the Cinema?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Damn.... looking forward to this.

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Bugger, third time I’ve been hit with this virus. China and Venice being the previous two. If someone wants pointers to the next event I’ve booked a hotel for Norwich away. What was that character in The Fast Show called?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
So the Government say no need to panic, cinemas are still open, but James Bond is now too scared to get out and about in April.

More a Licence To Hide.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
If I were the producer of a blockbuster I’d be delaying it too.

If Disney don’t delay Mulan, a film that needs to be a hit in China, then I’ll be amazed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"You expect me to talk ?"

"No, Mr Bond. I expect you to sneeze."

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here