Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] AJ v Ruiz Jnr

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
What is general opinion as to the probable result of the fight this weekend. I tend to not agree with most of the pundits and Tyson Fury and think AJ will win probably on points but hopefully on a KO. I am sure that he has learnt from his mistakes in the last fight and will come again to regain his titles.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Fat Boy will be swinging for another AJ-semi-Knockout punch. If AJ avoids the unit’s big guns, he’ll slay the chubber in 5.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I also think AJ will win as long as he brings his ‘A’ game. He should be able to outbox Ruiz without getting hit too much. We’ll have to wait and see if his mind is in the right place. If not it’s probably all over for him.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Personally I could never understand the fascination with watching two people thump the head off of one another (and don't get me started in MMA)

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Personally I could never understand the fascination with watching two people thump the head off of one another (and don't get me started in MMA)

Personally, I could never understand the fascination with posting in threads on subjects you aren't interested in, for the sole purpose of telling people you aren't interested in them.

:shrug:

Oh, and I think AJ in 6.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
AJ knows if he stays out of trouble and jabs he will take it on points or Ruiz will have to throw caution to the wind in later rounds.

Ruiz best chance is a toe to toe slugfest. AJ would be stupid to go that way, but he did it before so who knows may do it again.

AJ in 9

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Joshua will win on points or late stoppage.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Hope Joshua wins. The 'Tub of lard' body shape was particularly favoured by some heavyweight boxers (Tim Witherspoon and others) in the1980s. It wasn't a good time for watching heavyweight boxing.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Joshua 4/9 this time around from 1/33 last time.

If you believe Joshua is the better fighter that's a cracking bet in your weekends acca. Much better value than Man City or Liverpool at home.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
I think most would agree that AJ lost the last fight because he got complacent. He was expected by all the world to win and win comfortably, and his early knockdown of Ruiz only served to reinforce that in his own mind. Unlike when he hit the canvas against Klitschko, which he’d have mentally prepared for, he was stunned in every sense of the word and simply didn’t know how to react. It wasn’t meant to happen.

There’ll be no such complacency this time around, that’s for sure, but he has another problem. The pressure on him is unreal - lose to the fat lad again and he knows his career is in absolute tatters. Add to that the extra belief that Ruiz will no doubt have going into this one. Did he really believe, in his heart of hearts, he could beat Joshua. Only he will know that for sure - but no doubt he’ll have another 5% - 10% in his locker.

It’s an intriguing fight, not necessarily because of how closely the two are matched in terms of boxing ability, but because of the psychology of it all. I still think AJ wins, but it’s going to be his toughest victory to date.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Lots of people on here overrating Joshua’s boxing ability. He’s far from great. No head movement, average footwork and very predictable.

Ruiz is the better boxer but Joshua has power and is dangerous. I see Ruiz winning if it goes beyond the 5th. Joshua also has stamina problems so he is a very beatable fighter.

Ruiz is no great shakes so anything could happen. Wouldn’t like to predict but I’d rather be on Ruiz at odds against than Joshua at odds on.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Depends on the fight AJ fights. If he boxes like he did v Parker he'll win the fight. If he boxes like he did last time on the inside all night he'll be done and dusted.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Hope Joshua wins. The 'Tub of lard' body shape was particularly favoured by some heavyweight boxers (Tim Witherspoon and others) in the1980s. It wasn't a good time for watching heavyweight boxing.

You don't have to look like a bodybuilder to be a good heavyweight. The likes of Ali and Frazier were half decent and neither were overly muscle bound.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here