Last edited:

SweatyMexican

Mar 31, 2013
It’s all bollox people shouldn’t be allowed to have children in the first place

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
"The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats it's most vulnerable members"

- Mahatma Gandhi

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
"The true measure of any society can be found in how it treats it's most vulnerable members"

- Mahatma Gandhi
And we are failing, miserably. And allegedly the solution is the Tories with Brexit with its increased food prices and their " Market Forces "......

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
We keep being told we're the sixth richest economy in the world. Bit more work to be done for a decent amount of that wealth to trickle down to the 99% tho eh ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And we are failing, miserably. And allegedly the solution is the Tories with Brexit with its increased food prices and their " Market Forces "......
It's ok once we take away 'those people's' free health care, they'll soon die off.

Happy days.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Genuinely shocked me when I read it, seeing Brighton listed as the third worst place in the country for child homelessness.

I've just spent the weekend splurging some cash on Christmas presents for family and friends whilst some poor little sods will be spending their Christmas day in an emergency B&B through absolutely no fault of their own.

The mind boggles.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
But Jeremy Corbyn's communist policies would turn us into Venezuela.

Much better to keep going as we are

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I've just spent the weekend splurging some cash on Christmas presents for family and friends whilst some poor little sods will be spending their Christmas day in an emergency B&B through absolutely no fault of their own.

Guess we're all guilty to a certain extent. All those millions pissed up the wall on ironic xmas jumpers alone would make a huge difference to a huge number of kids. Maybe we should all make a resolution - and stick to it - to just buy far less crap.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Guess we're all guilty to a certain extent. All those millions pissed up the wall on ironic xmas jumpers alone would make a huge difference to a huge number of kids. Maybe we should all make a resolution - and stick to it - to just buy far less crap.

Charity shop gifts only is the way to go. (I'm sure the mrs will understand)

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014

But people earn a living making and selling those ironic jumpers. Buying crap isn’t the problem as it keeps the economy going.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was listening to LBC this morning and for much of an hour there were three callers, one after another who described an upbringing and existence in extreme poverty. It was heartbreaking listening to two blokes who had worked incredibly hard from an almost impossible start in life who were still haunted by their early lives and a head teacher of a school in a deprived area. The headteacher's story was really difficult to hear but ultimately uplifting in his commitment to getting his underprivileged kids as good an education as he could despite being starved of funds and having OFFSTED coming in regularly having his school as " Failing " before they even arrived.

It was said that this sort of story should be in the newspapers on a daily basis but, sadly it does not sell newspapers, but LGBT teaching can cause a controversy that does to act as a smokescreen. There are real and disgusting levels of poverty in this country which are never addressed .

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010

- Mahatma Gandhi

We live under a government that judges its success by how many billionaires live here instead of how many homeless children they have created.

Merry Christmas to the Tory party

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Wont do anything about it as the real estate/housing bubble would burst, which is inevitable anyway though no party would want to reign when it happens. As in most Western countries this probably cant be adressed to a specific party as it, much like the income difference between rich and poor, probably has been a problem for 25+ years.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
"Homeless, living in temporary accommodation"

Anyone know what constitutes temporary accommodation and why families would end up on it? Is this not the system doing its job by keeping them off the street?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
"Homeless, living in temporary accommodation"

Anyone know what constitutes temporary accommodation and why families would end up on it? Is this not the system doing its job by keeping them off the street?
I'll hazard a guess it's extended families, couch hopping, hostels and B&B's.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here