Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Another Christmas present thread

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So, if you are like us, we tend to get stuff as we go along, it gets difficult to buy people prezzies.

A lot of mates are now buying “ experiences” like driving a 4x4 over a mountain, or tea at the ritz, a comedy store evening...that sort of thing.

What do you guys buy each other ( not the stuff for the kids as that is always a good thing) ?

I “ chose “ mostly golf stuff...shoes, trolly wheels, new gps rangefinder watch.... the mrs sunglasses and flamenco shoes ( to wreck the wooden flooring in the dining room )

I suppose the older you get the more “ practical presents” you tend to get.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
So, if you are like us, we tend to get stuff as we go along, it gets difficult to buy people prezzies.

A lot of mates are now buying “ experiences” like driving a 4x4 over a mountain, or tea at the ritz, a comedy store evening...that sort of thing.

What do you guys buy each other ( not the stuff for the kids as that is always a good thing) ?

I “ chose “ mostly golf stuff...shoes, trolly wheels, new gps rangefinder watch.... the mrs sunglasses and flamenco shoes ( to wreck the wooden flooring in the dining room )

I suppose the older you get the more “ practical presents” you tend to get.

I have bought my Husband a pair of Sennheiser Wireless Headphone, a T Shirt from the Levis shop and a box of Thorntons chocolates (a bit of a tradition)

last year I got him a pair of Muck Boots (Really warm wellies) as he spends a lot of time in Muddy fields in the wash pit, while our daughter is in cyclocross races

https://www.muckbootcompany.co.uk/products/mens-arctic-sport-tall-boots-moss

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I have bought my Husband a pair of Sennheiser Wireless Headphone, a T Shirt from the Levis shop and a box of Thorntons chocolates (a bit of a tradition)

last year I got him a pair of Muck Boots (Really warm wellies) as he spends a lot of time in Muddy fields in the wash pit, while our daughter is in cyclocross races

https://www.muckbootcompany.co.uk/products/mens-arctic-sport-tall-boots-moss

There you go...practical stuff. If he doesn’t want the chockies, please send them over. :wink:

I have a acoustic and electric guitar and can’t play either...but we went to London to get the Mrs the flamenco shoes and the shop owner let me play with his flamenco guitars...nylon strings and I actually could get a tune out of them and move up and down the chords without killing my fingers....I nearly bought one for £350 until I was told emphatically NO as I had wasted money on the others! I did say I could learn to play for her flamenco practice, but that was met with incredulity. :annoyed:

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
”A lot of mates are now buying “ experiences” like driving a 4x4 over a mountain ”

I wouldn’t buy someone an ‘experience’ of driving over a mountain...... that’s well out of order.
In fact isn’t that a contract killing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here