Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potterball, your opinions so far?

Dolph Ins

May 26, 2014
Mid Sussex
[emoji23][emoji23]
Yes, Spurs at home.

I enjoyed the away game as well but for completely opposite reasons!!
It was magnificent because we played against Champions League finalists at the top of their game, with inferior offensive options.

You are right though, you shouldn’t feel guilty as it’s all opinions, however, nobody should forget what CH did in keeping us up, arguably against the odds, and yes, those last home games were dire, really, really poor.

All very hypothetical but I think it is unlikely we would have survived that first season, playing the way we do now. (See Fulham).

GP has turned a team that struggled offensively, into a team more than capable of holding their own, and is also able to change systems multiple times - which is a major plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agree with this point. CH did a wonderful job for us and when told he had gone I said he must have walked as I just didn't see TB sacking him 'especially after giving Sami so much leeway. But as most of us can see it appears Tony got his timing right. Love CH and love GP.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'd like to think this says a lot about Potterball:-

[tweet]1203347218314530817[/tweet]

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
The King? Really?

Hughton did the best he could and it was not good enough-nothing to do with the resources he had. He reached his limit as a manager once we got promoted.
Some people just can't see the wood from the trees - You do know that there are very few managers who managed for as long as Hughton has in PL.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Its even easier to say how shit everything is. Source: 30 years on this planet.
You will change your opinion with time, life might be shite but you learn to enjoy the pluses and bloody hell is this season a positive I am loving it.
Source 54 years on this planet

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
You will change your opinion with time, life might be shite but you learn to enjoy the pluses and bloody hell is this season a positive I am loving it.
Source 54 years on this planet

Im actually a pretty positive and happy person. What I meant was that if you record the average man the average day, you'll find him complaining more than praising.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
How can you say that? CH won a lot of matches. Your memory of CH is tainted by your dislike of his style.
Incorrect. I'm a Hughton fan (see my signature). Had Chris been in charge this season, it's fair to say we'd be playing different football than we are, and it's obvious that the game at Arsenal would have been completely different. Arsenal would have been odds on favourite to win the game, so of course it's correct to say we probably wouldn't have won it. It's a simple matter of probability.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Some people just can't see the wood from the trees - You do know that there are very few managers who managed for as long as Hughton has in PL.
The majority of BHA fans don’t have a problem with CH, the fact still remains he frustrated his players with negative tactics Spurs away was a ****ing embarrassment we looked proper tinpot hoofing the ball to absolutely no one, zero attempt to play football. Your responses are like those idiots on talk sport we can’t just win this season because we played well, it’s always Arsenal are at a low point, Spurs in disarray etc etc bore off.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Im actually a pretty positive and happy person. What I meant was that if you record the average man the average day, you'll find him complaining more than praising.
Fair enough wasn't meant as a dig.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I know what I witnessed over 2 PL seasons with us and he was poor. Norwich fans said the same. I can't be bothered to check his PL record with Newcastle. Still, you carry that torch for him as long as you like, you're clearly besotted.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I know what I witnessed over 2 PL seasons with us and he was poor. Norwich fans said the same. I can't be bothered to check his PL record with Newcastle. Still, you carry that torch for him as long as you like, you're clearly besotted.

I’m relieved that TB made the managerial change, I love the revolution under Potter.

But there were plenty of happy memories in PL season 2017/18, especially considering we had a bottom 3 player budget. It was last season that was shite, notably the home matches after the New Year. Being given footballing lessons by the likes of Cardiff was defining.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

I spent three and a half season saying 'fudge me those Norwich fans are all twunks'

and half a season saying 'ahhhhh now I get it'.

Funny how we just can't reinvent ourselves.

C'est la vie.

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
When you are managing a team with a bottom three budget and you manage to keep the team in the PL then you are doing a decent job - Norwich always try to play in the PL on the cheap.

Like I said earlier - people are underestimating how difficult it is to keep a team in the PL in the first two seasons after promotion - it takes time to build up a squad that is capable of competing. Last season the Southampton had 11 players earning more than the highest paid player at Brighton. The club clearly wanted a change in direction - and that is there prerogative - the fact that CH keep the team up allows then to make that change and see what happens.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
When you are managing a team with a bottom three budget and you manage to keep the team in the PL then you are doing a decent job - Norwich always try to play in the PL on the cheap.

Like I said earlier - people are underestimating how difficult it is to keep a team in the PL in the first two seasons after promotion - it takes time to build up a squad that is capable of competing. Last season the Southampton had 11 players earning more than the highest paid player at Brighton. The club clearly wanted a change in direction - and that is there prerogative - the fact that CH keep the team up allows then to make that change and see what happens.

Come on Chris I think it’s about time you gave it a rest now

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
Easy to say how great everything is. Facts are we have played Burmley,Southampton.Newcastle and West Ham and not beaten them. Season will depend on how we do against near the bottom sides

You’re absolutely right bout the facts speaking for themselves and at the end of the day it’s points that count. However, in each of those 4 games we were the better team and we could and should have won all of those games. For that reason I’m a “glass half full” fan - there have been very few games this season where I’ve felt we didn’t deserve at least a point ( City, Chelsea, Man U, Leicester excepted). The future’s bright.......

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
You’re absolutely right bout the facts speaking for themselves and at the end of the day it’s points that count. However, in each of those 4 games we were the better team and we could and should have won all of those games. For that reason I’m a “glass half full” fan - there have been very few games this season where I’ve felt we didn’t deserve at least a point ( City, Chelsea, Man U, Leicester excepted). The future’s bright.......

Potterball will have its ups and downs - and will probably take a least a season to get consolidated - (on the presumption of not getting relegated) if it is the same next year then it might be time to get a little concerned.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The Hughton v Potter argument somewhat forgets the fact that Potter became "available".

Potter was working under very difficult financial restrictions under Swansea but was doing a remarkable job especially with youth.. He'd was already on the radar of many football clubs when abroad, even more so after Swansea.

I'm under the strong belief that the Bloom wanted Potter more than he wanted to get rid of Hughton. Very unfortunate for Chris, but Bloom had a small window of opportunity,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here