Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potterball, your opinions so far?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm under the strong belief that the Bloom wanted Potter more than he wanted to get rid of Hughton. Very unfortunate for Chris, but Bloom had a small window of opportunity,

I think that's close, but CH was offski no matter what.

But as you say Mr Bloom wanted GPott, despite his hair, which focused his mind and put the wheels in motion as soon as physically possible.

All the reporting around Arsenal Everton and Watford I've listen too, as an Albion fan, I'm amazed by just about every aspect.
The complete lack of planning and forethought being shown by these billionaires has me wondering just how they got their money in the first place.
With each club the level of incompetence they've all shown is startling while in running a billion dollar business that is solely reliant on one revenue stream.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
The next and immediate chapter in the new Potterball era is the upcoming transfer window, how will Potter go about his work during this time?

Like many a fan, I'm always facinated in the future development of our beloved Albion from within, and through the transfer process. Who we get in and for what position can further bolster their belief in a manager, especially if he can persuade a highly rated player to come to the club.

Target remains 22 points by New Year although with the Arsenal win, hoping we can now match last season's 25 points

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015
Like many a fan, I'm always facinated in the future development of our beloved Albion from within, and through the transfer process. Who we get in and for what position can further bolster their belief in a manager, especially if he can persuade a highly rated player to come to the club.
That is really the next step - for a club only a couple of years in the PL the long you stay there, the more consolidated you become, the better the quality of the player you can pursue. Players really don't like the idea of getting relegated and having to find a new team - or being under a threat of relegation for a season so you end up with players that are borderline PL/Championship quality. Potter has an opportunity to get better players if the current momentum is maintained - but Bloom will also have to open the purse strings in terms of wages for that to happen.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So just a quick recap:-

Utd - Beat Potterball fair and square.
Subsequently did the same to Spurs then City.

Leicester - Finally breakdown Potterball Albion.
Beat Everton, Watford and were dry humping Villa. (When I started writing this!!)

Liverpool - Hanging on for the win v Potterball.
Humiliated Everton and Bournemouth.

Potterball - stuffed arsenal now fingers crossed.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So just a quick recap:-

Utd - Beat Potterball fair and square.
Subsequently did the same to Spurs then City.

Leicester - Finally broke down Potterball Albion.
Beat Everton, Watford and ripped Villa to pieces.

Liverpool - Hanging on for the win v Potterball.
Humiliated Everton and Bournemouth.

Potterball - stuffed arsenal now fingers crossed.
and now a quick addendum:-

Arsenal - Potterball took them apart, piece by piece, in their own front room
Dry humped (granted it's only ... ) West Ham.

Gifted 1 point to one of the form teams, but kept one back for themselves, making Potterball overall + 4.

Last edited:

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
Target remains 22 points by New Year although with the Arsenal win, hoping we can now match last season's 25 points

After THAT performance on Saturday against a team who we would have initially expected at least a point from, who do you think we will take points from to get to a minimum of 22 points by the New Year, Spurs, Bournemouth or both?
We should also include Chelsea in this equation so, will we make it to last season's 25 points by the 1st of January 2020 ???

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
After THAT performance on Saturday against a team who we would have initially expected at least a point from, who do you think we will take points from to get to a minimum of 22 points by the New Year, Spurs, Bournemouth or both?
We should also include Chelsea in this equation so, will we make it to last season's 25 points by the 1st of January 2020 ???

Why compare after 21 games and after playing everyone once + Spurs and Chelsea twice ? ???

Seems a bit random, and unfair, to do so after playing 2 'big 6' twice.

Beating Sheff Utd was part of my hopes of matching last year’s points tally, odds against now.

Yes enormous pressure on the BMuff game now, if we don’t win that it will be an uncomfortable holiday period.

Potter’s continuing decision to pick a defence that makes too many mistakes is a big worry but overall we have to be modestly satisfied at progress this season

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Beating Sheff Utd was part of my hopes of matching last year’s points tally, odds against now.

Yes enormous pressure on the BMuff game now, if we don’t win that it will be an uncomfortable holiday period.

Potter’s continuing decision to pick a defence that makes too many mistakes is a big worry but overall we have to be modestly satisfied at progress this season

That's not my curiosity with the difference in approaches.

My curiosity is more about Potters approach to Bissouma. There is reason behind my thinking.

I just think Potter might regret not making more of an effort to shoehorn him into his plans in more matches but I have a feeling I know why he may not give him as many opportunities

boik

Odds against? Seriously? You DO remember our second half of last season don't you?

Jolly Red Giant

Jul 11, 2015

Because of the style of football that Potter plays you are going to get bad days like yesterday - the important thing now is to see a response - you don't want to get into the habit of losing (like Bournemouth who have lost 5 of the last 6).

Things are getting more congested in the table (from No. 6 down) and that can result in a made scramble at a certain point.

Odds against? Seriously? You DO remember our second half of last season don't you?

The target my original post refers to is the halfway end-December target. Ta

Because of the style of football that Potter plays you are going to get bad days like yesterday - the important thing now is to see a response - you don't want to get into the habit of losing (like Bournemouth who have lost 5 of the last 6).

Things are getting more congested in the table (from No. 6 down) and that can result in a made scramble at a certain point.

Yes agree with that. Even a point against B’muff will be disappointing given recent results

That's not my curiosity with the difference in approaches.

My curiosity is more about Potters approach to Bissouma. There is reason behind my thinking.

I just think Potter might regret not making more of an effort to shoehorn him into his plans in more matches but I have a feeling I know why he may not give him as many opportunities

Hint? He’s been pretty good two games in a row now

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here