Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Anyone know a HETAS engineer?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd like to put a wood burner in a new extension. I'll run a pipe in the ground for the direct air feed, which sits right underneath the stove. I'll also run a flue from the stove straight through the new flat roof, and the roofer will seal around the flue. The stove goes in the middle. I don't feel the need for a HETAS engineer to do all that, but I probably need one to test it and sign it off.

Does anyone know one who'd be prepared to do that?

Thanks

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
96aab62f5a0bdb27a2d795e69d88dcd5.jpg

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Craven Wine

Apr 29, 2012
It's unlikely an approved installer will sign off someone elses work due to liability but you could just have the building control do a check, Doc J of building regs would be your go to for information. Good luck!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's unlikely an approved installer will sign off someone elses work due to liability but you could just have the building control do a check, Doc J of building regs would be your go to for information. Good luck!
Thanks. I think they're supposed to do the install, but some of it (for my build) is quite straightforward stuff (putting the flue through the roof). I'm hoping the engineer can then just connect the stove to the flue and air pipe below, and run their tests.

My building regs company said the stove should be designed, installed and commissioned by a member of a Competent Persons Scheme (e.g. HETAS/OFTEC). Other reading online suggests that that isn't actually necessary, and building regs can sign it off, but they often can't be bothered and want you to get HETAS to do it instead.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here