Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Have you had your Christmas party yet?

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Leicester has theirs last Tuesday, Mrs Crodos was last night, mine isn’t until next Saturday. I know many have theirs in January now as well, have you had yours yet?

???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
19th December at a gin distillery. Wish us luck

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Can we keep a tally of how many fights broke out at these events?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Leicester has theirs last Tuesday, Mrs Crodos was last night, mine isn’t until next Saturday. I know many have theirs in January now as well, have you had yours yet?

???

Welcome back, Crodo. Some of us were worried that, with the absence of your most famous supporter thread for the game against the champions of Europe, you might be unwell.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
And in answer to your question, [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION], I think it's tomorrow but I'm not going. I am an antisocial ******* when it comes to travel, and the locale is a fugger from which to get home (and please don't say 'is it in Fulham [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]', fnar fnar - I assume you have read Private Eye and tales of 'Al' Fayed). And the wine on offer doesn't match the weft of that of my wine lake. Plus there's strictly or something on the telly. :shrug:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Another of the benefits of being self-employed

Bah Humbug :wink:

When it comes to selecting the food, wine and entertainment, nothing beats a night in with the family or, dare I say it, a ménage à moi. :lolol:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
And in answer to your question, [MENTION=3385]crodonilson[/MENTION], I think it's tomorrow but I'm not going. I am an antisocial ******* when it comes to travel, and the locale is a fugger from which to get home (and please don't say 'is it in Fulham [MENTION=28934]AmexRuislip[/MENTION]', fnar fnar - I assume you have read Private Eye and tales of 'Al' Fayed). And the wine on offer doesn't match the weft of that of my wine lake. Plus there's strictly or something on the telly. :shrug:

Surely you (striking) lecturer types will have debated about where to have a Xmas do, resulting in a unanimous decision of somewhere in London :wink:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Nope, no party this year, annoyingly. My organisation lost the regulation of social workers, and therefore a third of our income. The consultant who came in decided to recommend cutting staff numbers by a quarter, and no extravagant expenses such as a meagre, appreciative shindig for those of us who survived. Interesting eh. The main thing is no nutroast and sprouts for Meade this year, he/I say bitterly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely you (striking) lecturer types will have debated about where to have a Xmas do, resulting in a unanimous decision of somewhere in London :wink:

I'm not on strike, my lovely. Don't believe in it in my job, as a poncified academic (the way we do it, anyway - on the one hand unsettles the fee-paying students and, on the other, it just makes more work for me rescheduling, rearranging etc etc, as we have to do of we withdraw our labour, (thicky union hasn't thought this one through -why I am still a memebre sometimes baffles me) as I outlined in an emotional paen not so long ago. :wave::xmas:

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
I'm not on strike, my lovely. Don't believe in it in my job, as a poncified academic (the way we do it, anyway - on the one hand unsettles the fee-paying students and, on the other, it just makes more work for me rescheduling, rearranging etc etc, as we have to do of we withdraw our labour, (thicky union hasn't thought this one through -why I am still a memebre sometimes baffles me) as I outlined in an emotional paen not so long ago. :wave::xmas:

Excellent :lolol:
My nephew is loving the time off from Sussex Uni, courtesy of the striking staff.
That's all he needs is more time off :wink:

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Xmas Parties for the four ages

The first age - Company is paying, loads of pissed young women - 'GET IN'
The second age - Doing quite well at this company, make an appearance and try not to blow all future prospects due to one night of over-indulgence
The third age - Find an excuse to miss it completely or just leave early
The fourth age - Have to make an appearance and speech. Loads of pissed people telling you why they should get a pay rise/promotion

Don't miss it at all :lolol:

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Xmas Parties for the four ages

The first age - Company is paying, loads of pissed young women - 'GET IN'
The second age - Doing quite well at this company, make an appearance and try not to blow all future prospects due to one night of over-indulgence
The third age - Find an excuse to miss it completely or just leave early
The fourth age - Have to make an appearance and speech. Loads of pissed people telling you why they should get a pay rise/promotion

Don't miss it at all :lolol:

Third age - been there, seen it, done it, not going again (ever).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Probably time to recount my finest ever works Christmas party. This was 1980. Me and my Doris of the time went to my works do at the Grosvenor Hotel in Park Lane. I was working for a publishing company, earning £50 a week. I was between careers.

OK, so it was a bit like the Albion centenary dinner at the Metropole (cracking night) but with a free open bar. I asked for a Tia Maria (as you do) and was given half a pint. In a straight glass. I mean, come on, that's class.

I don't remember much about the evening, to be fair. Train home (to Creepy...yes I spent a year living there; a dump full of spotty racist skin heads harrassing the Asian mothers shopping at the weekend - has it changed? ???) and then it goes blank.

Bedroom STANK of coffee the next morning. :mad:

Never mind; a couple of days later I was COMPLETELY sober. Fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here