Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Pedestrians cycle better than non-pedestrians

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Many small scale studies confirm that people who cycle everywhere are not as considerate as people who walk.

This can be seen in all small villages, towns and large city’s around the country, as cyclists, who do not walk regularly do not appreciate the sheer terror and absolute frustration caused by cyclists weaving in and out of crowds, bumping up and down kerbs, completely disregarding the Highway Code amongst many other offences and irritations.

One survey, which monitored a large stretch of cycle path, showed that many cyclists didn’t use the cycle path choosing instead to cycle on the road or on the pavements.
Experts suggest that cyclists have imaonlyonesyndrone, which is a serious untreatable disease that only cyclists seem to catch. The syndrome makes people believe that when they start peddling, nobody else exists and they can act as they wish.
Oddly, and scientists still don’t quite understand why but it makes sufferers dress all in lycra. The belief is that the tight clothing makes people feel cocooned and helps with the disillusion that they are alone on the planet.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
In another survey, conducted by myself, 100% of those asked think that cyclists who ride on the pavement should be punched without fear of prosecution.

Blue&WhiteSea

Jul 5, 2003
Sutton
Don't think I've ever seen a lycra clad cyclist on a pavement, pavement cyclists tend to be those on mountain bikes or those less confident to cycle on the road.
My survey concludes that all people who generalise about cyclists are ignorant ***** who are unlikely to be persuaded otherwise!

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
In another survey, conducted by myself, 100% of those asked think that cyclists who ride on the pavement should be punched without fear of prosecution.

I spotted a survey that said 100% of those asked think that pedestrians who walk in the cycle path should be punched without fear of prosecution.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
Its safer than the road mate

Not for me when I was whacked into by a cyclist and hurt a few years ago. His response? He called me a c--- and cycled on.

And of course it's illegal to cycle on the pavement. You can't just pick and choose which laws to obey.

Perfidious Albion

Oct 25, 2011
At the end of my tether
100% agree with the tone of this thread. As a pedestrian it is fear inspiring to be buzzed by cyclists when walking on the pavement.
Bicycles belong on the road , people on the pavement. That is the law.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here