Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Watford’s Managerial Merry-go-Round Experiment

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Seems to work for a few years. Core coaching and back room staff remaining with the club able to change managers without an overhaul of everything else. As long as a new manager was prepared to slot in and sustain a consistent style of play, they seemed to be able to retain continuity.

Reappointing a previous manager they’ve let go would should suggest their options were limited this time. They’re in big trouble.

Bill Shankly always said you need loyalty but after 3 years in charge you need to be constantly refreshing the team. Watford have tried refreshing the manager, was it always destined to unravel at some point?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
When the new manager / coach parks at the training ground, they're the only one who has to keep putting money in the meter :D

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Watford’s example just gives you a warm glowing feeling about modern football. Hope they go down and the owners get rekt!

Gabbiano

Dec 18, 2017
Spank the Manc
The biggest ******** that I have ever had the displeasure of living with is a Watford fan. Hope they go down with record low points and burn through four or five managers before having a fire sale of all their best players.

Very much enjoyed them getting hammered in last year’s FA Cup final.

What do you mean I’m petty?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
It will be Javi Gracia again, won't it?

:lolol:

ac gull

Jul 7, 2003
midlands
Close to his family home too - ideal for him - reckon they will still go down but only just and come straight back up

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Close to his family home too - ideal for him - reckon they will still go down but only just and come straight back up

Not sure I would take it if I was him.

He will get treated like shite the way they treat all their Mangers...

They don't want someone like Chris. They want a foreign Manager in charge.

You are right though. Close to home and if you go into a job like that with the expectancy of being sacked in under a year regardless of how you perform then do it.

If he ain't ready for that the just rebuke any approach.

Those players are used to losing. It's difficult enough to stay up in this league without giving all the other relegation candidates between 3 and 10 points of a start on you

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Chances are it will be some unknown from the lower reaches of Lega Serie. It's the Watford way. It's always useful to have at least a couple of teams imploding beneath us in the league. Long may it continue.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Good grief. Two sackings before Christmas. I wonder if they will end up having 4 or 5 managers this season?

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Given the way CH was treated by Ashley et al at Newcastle, I'd have thought he'd have reservations about working for the kind of chairman Watford have.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I get it's never nice when someone loses a job, but my god the seriousness with which Kammy and Alex scott announced the sacking on goals of sunday was ridiculous. It was the sort of tone that is usually reserved for when someone dies or a national tragedy.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
This will be fascinating. I think he will keep them up. Their squad is not terrible.

Worried for us if hughton gets the Watford job.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Bearing in mind they look shocking offensively I’m not sure I’d agree.

CH would be a much better bet for Wet Sham when they sack their manager because they need organizing which is right up Chris’s street.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here