Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player Ratings Liverpool - Brighton

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Matt Ryan 8 - nothing to do about the goals and made some great saves

Dan Burn 7 - great performance by Burn though very little happens offensively
Lewis Dunk 8 - aside from not scoring when he really should have Dunk was great and the goal was clever
Adam Webster 6 - could, and perhaps should, have done better when Van Dijk scored his two goals, but other than that he was great
Martin Montoya 6 - sometimes you see why he played in Barca and sometimes why they didnt keep him

Aaron Mooy 7 - best passer in the team by some margin
Yves Bissouma 6 - pretty meh though there is obviously a PL player lurking in there
Dale Stephens 6 - did his Dale Stephens things
Davy Pröpper 7 - good performance today, seems to enjoy the big games
Pascal Gross 5 - horrific first half but good in the second

Aaron Connolly 6 - obviously a very difficult game but always felt threatening

Leandro Trossard 7 - after two shitty weeks Trossard once again showed he needs to be crowbared into this team somehow
Steven Alzate 6 - the future. So annoyed he will be travelling to South America like ten times every year - could be costly.

Tekanne

Feb 4, 2015

Lewis Dunk 8 - aside from not scoring when he really should have Dunk was great and the goal was clever
Adam Webster 6 - could, and perhaps should, have done better when Van Dijk scored his two goals, but other than that he was great
Martin Montoya 6 - sometimes you see why he played in Barca and sometimes why they didnt keep him

Yves Bissouma 6 - pretty meh though there is obviously a PL player lurking in there

Leandro Trossard 7 - after two shitty weeks Trossard once again showed he needs to be crowbared into this team somehow
Steven Alzate 6 - the future. So annoyed he will be travelling to South America like ten times every year - could be costly.

This isn't meant in an aggressive way at all - but, out of interest, are you a Swansea fan that now watches Albion games due to Potter?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
This isn't meant in an aggressive way at all - but, out of interest, are you a Swansea fan that now watches Albion games due to Potter?

And do you actually go to the games or is this from a stream?

Edit: obviously addressed at swansman not Tekanne

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I like your input on NSC.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

Well.. hmm. Its a bit complicated.

I was curious about Potter in Östersund and when he went to Swansea I started following his adventures more closely and sort of fell in love with that club. I thought I was "stuck" with Swansea but still wanted to watch GPs work in Brighton.

But I pretty soon found myself developing some warm feelings about Brighton... likeable owner, likeable players and great fans (I think NSC played a huge part in "converting" me).

So... I actually consider myself a Brighton fan now (though I'm likely out when GP is).

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Ryan - 8. No chance with either goal. Made some quality saves in the first half. Decent distribution.
Montoya - 5. Just dreadful again. Passing was atrocious. Positional sense erratic. We need a RB in January window.
Dunk - 7. Lost VVD for his second goal. Should have scored late into the first half, instead shinned it. Marked up for his well taken free kick.
Webster - 6. Lost VVD for first goal. Seems to have a fifty pence piece forehead?! Not his composed self today.
Burn - 6. He is not a LB but you can not fault the guy. Always looking to get forward to provide an outlet. Thank god Liverpool didn’t target his side!
Stephens - 7. Usual Stephens performance. Full of passing, running and tackles. Needs to pull the trigger when facing goal.
Propper - 8. MOTM. Majestic in the middle. Drove the Albion forward all afternoon. Seemed to want to prove himself against Wijanldum.
Bissouma - 5. Seemed to ghost out of the game. Never imposed himself and didn’t offer an option in final third.
Mooy - 7. Energetic. Calm with the ball and kept things ticking over. Needs to do better with set pieces.
Groß - 6. Awful first 15 mins with poor touch and control. Got better as the game went on. Don’t think the formation suited him as he wasted out wide.
Connolly - 7. Full of confidence and running throughout. Ran at VVD and Lovren at every opportunity. Needed someone to play off.

Trossard - 7. Always a threat when carrying the ball. Would of scored if that cheating Brazilian hadn’t hand-balled it.
Alzate - 7. Nice and simple on the ball. Kept the ball moving.
Maupay - 5. Frustrating. Had onto the ball far too long, needed to pop it out wide and look for the ball in. Lively though.

Potter - 7. Strange starting line up, too many CM’s imho. Right subs in second half to give Liverpool something to think about.

Fans - 5. Rather quiet and subdued today. Was it the cold weather?!

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I was curious about Potter in Östersund and when he went to Swansea I started following his adventures more closely and sort of fell in love with that club. I thought I was "stuck" with Swansea but still wanted to watch GPs work in Brighton.

But I pretty soon found myself developing some warm feelings about Brighton... likeable owner, likeable players and great fans (I think NSC played a huge part in "converting" me).

So... I actually consider myself a Brighton fan now (though I'm likely out when GP is).

I watched Swansea on Sky last night, did you see it?

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Ryan - 8. No chance with either goal. Made some quality saves in the first half. Decent distribution.
Montoya - 5. Just dreadful again. Passing was atrocious. Positional sense erratic. We need a RB in January window.
Dunk - 7. Lost VVD for his second goal. Should have scored late into the first half, instead shinned it. Marked up for his well taken free kick.
Webster - 6. Lost VVD for first goal. Seems to have a fifty pence piece forehead?! Not his composed self today.
Burn - 6. He is not a LB but you can not fault the guy. Always looking to get forward to provide an outlet. Thank god Liverpool didn’t target his side!
Stephens - 7. Usual Stephens performance. Full of passing, running and tackles. Needs to pull the trigger when facing goal.
Propper - 8. MOTM. Majestic in the middle. Drove the Albion forward all afternoon. Seemed to want to prove himself against Wijanldum.
Bissouma - 5. Seemed to ghost out of the game. Never imposed himself and didn’t offer an option in final third.
Mooy - 7. Energetic. Calm with the ball and kept things ticking over. Needs to do better with set pieces.
Groß - 6. Awful first 15 mins with poor touch and control. Got better as the game went on. Don’t think the formation suited him as he wasted out wide.
Connolly - 7. Full of confidence and running throughout. Ran at VVD and Lovren at every opportunity. Needed someone to play off.

Trossard - 7. Always a threat when carrying the ball. Would of scored if that cheating Brazilian hadn’t hand-balled it.
Alzate - 7. Nice and simple on the ball. Kept the ball moving.
Maupay - 5. Frustrating. Had onto the ball far too long, needed to pop it out wide and look for the ball in. Lively though.

Potter - 7. Strange starting line up, too many CM’s imho. Right subs in second half to give Liverpool something to think about.

Fans - 5. Rather quiet and subdued today. Was it the cold weather?!

Couldn’t get to Anfield so watched a stream, based on what I saw this nails it absolutely [emoji122][emoji122]

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
And do you actually go to the games or is this from a stream?

Edit: obviously addressed at swansman not Tekanne

Nah I live in Sweden so I just watch streams.

I have a friend who go to Brighton in May every year though and I'm considering to go with her this year but I'm guessing getting tickets for the last game of the season could possibly be an issue? Well we'll see but if I do come we're gonna have a fat ****ing NSC party.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

I have a friend who go to Brighton in May every year though and I'm considering to go with her this year but I'm guessing getting tickets for the last game of the season could possibly be an issue? Well we'll see but if I do come we're gonna have a fat ****ing NSC party.

Fair enough. :thumbsup:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

If you fancy going up to Burnley you’ll get a ticket easily.

I would not advise it though!

D

Deleted member 2719

I like your input, but if you had been to the vetch you may not have ever had any love for Swansea.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I watched Swansea on Sky last night, did you see it?

Yup. Still watch all the games I can.

Initially this season looked so good. Great transfer window. Steve Cooper was talking about keep building on what Potter started and go for the Swansea Way of football (a.k.a. Potterball - Potter found his preferred playing style watching Swansea training some 15 years ago).

But very soon the football got worse (though the results remained great) and the last month or so the results have been bad as well though they deserved more yesterday. Cooper seems as clueless as he is ugly, making him an extremely clueless man.

Several player who looked really good under Potter is now underperforming. Connor Roberts has gone completely shit. And now even Matt Grimes is struggling (please Potter, save him and bring him to Brighton).

If they find their way of football again Swansea always has a place in my heart (I liked them even before Potter) but not going to waste much more evenings watching them play some stereotypical 90's Championship football.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
I feel proud of performance against European champions and glad I went so they must have done something right as a team.

Ryan 9
I’d give the other starting 11 a rating of 8 excepting Montoya 6 - I’m really struggling with him. Bissouma 6 - big game to get a call up to start

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Yup. Still watch all the games I can.

Initially this season looked so good. Great transfer window. Steve Cooper was talking about keep building on what Potter started and go for the Swansea Way of football (a.k.a. Potterball - Potter found his preferred playing style watching Swansea training some 15 years ago).

But very soon the football got worse (though the results remained great) and the last month or so the results have been bad as well though they deserved more yesterday. Cooper seems as clueless as he is ugly, making him an extremely clueless man.

Several player who looked really good under Potter is now underperforming. Connor Roberts has gone completely shit. And now even Matt Grimes is struggling (please Potter, save him and bring him to Brighton).

If they find their way of football again Swansea always has a place in my heart (I liked them even before Potter) but not going to waste much more evenings watching them play some stereotypical 90's Championship football.

In reverse, an Albion supporter commenting on Swansea!:

I thought your team last night played a whole load of great attacking football. My son who also watched it, thought the same. Fulham kind of mugged you twice, against the run of play. They got lucky with pinball in their 6 yard box falling into their goalie’s hands over and over again. You have lots of young attacking stars of the future, a team of inventiveness, instinctive passing and pace.

Because Fulham had the lead, the main negative was wasted lofted balls into the box (Ayew was a midget compared to their goalie and CB’s).

Quality game by the way.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
In reverse, an Albion supporter commenting on Swansea!:

I thought your team last night played a whole load of great attacking football. My son who also watched it, thought the same. Fulham kind of mugged you twice, against the run of play. They got lucky with pinball in their 6 yard box falling into their goalie’s hands over and over again. You have lots of young attacking stars of the future, a team of inventiveness, instinctive passing and pace.

Because Fulham had the lead, the main negative was wasted lofted balls into the box (Ayew was a midget compared to their goalie and CB’s).

Quality game by the way.

Yeah the game against Fulham was the best in months, I hope they can keep it up.

Attack is pretty okay I guess - Peterson looks exciting and Andre Ayew was always too good (I suspect he will leave in January) for the Championship. Not sure about the Surridge loan kid or Borja but there's plenty of good wingers and interesting attacking midfielders. Still, its pretty ****ing far from what they had with Daniel James and Oli McBurnie...

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Bissouma. So much potential, so little discipline. Sometimes brilliant, sometimes just wanders around as if has taken a wrong turning on the way to the shops and blundered into the middle of a game he has never seen before.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Ryan - 8
Montoya - 7
Webster - 5
Dunk - 8
Burn - 6
Gross - 5
Bissouma- 5