Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] We are no better than last season at this point FACT

Anya1000

Apr 14, 2019
The numbers don't lie, how we have offered Potter a 6 year contract is beyond me. Shocking!

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7730797/Here-Premier-League-getting-season.html

Brighton (NO CHANGE)

Last season: 12th, This season: 12th

Even with a change in management, Brighton are a model of consistency in the top flight that many of their rivals could learn from.

Mirroring their points total and position from 12 months ago, Graham Potter - who signed a new deal until 2025 on Tuesday - has built on the foundations laid by his predecessor Chris Hughton and the Seagulls have taken flight.

If we are splitting hairs, the key difference between then and now is that Potter's Brighton have scored one more goal (15) than the side that took to the field 12 months ago.

With trips to Liverpool and Arsenal to come, though, things could soon slip. If they are to keep pace with 2018-19, Potter's players need maximum returns from Anfield and the Emirates Stadium.

No pressure, then.​

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Try watching a game and tell me that we are no better. It’s an entertainment business and we are entertaining most fans again.

You are one of a few CH diehards with an agenda, let it go ffs or at least accept that there was a case for CH being sacked, even if you didn’t agree with it.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Spence has a new NSC account

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
It's very convenient at this point to compare the tables if you're anti-GP because we had a decent start to the season last year, albeit playing pretty dire football (still think back to those 3 1-0 wins on the trot and how fortunate we were in all 3).

Before we compare, let's wait until the second half of the season when the wheels fell off and then some last year...

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
We were fine last season on St Patrick's Day with home points fests against Southampton, Bournemouth, Cardiff and Newcastle still to come.

We got 1 point from those 4 games. Dire. Sackable.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-7730797/Here-Premier-League-getting-season.html

The numbers don't lie, how we have offered Potter a 6 year contract is beyond me. Shocking!

The numbers don't lie, but neither does the evidence of our own eyes. There's no comparison between the dour negative anti-football of last season and the refreshingly positive approach to games this season. Might not yet be fully reflected in the results, but at least we're being entertained along the way. Long may it continue. And while the manager's 6 year contract is highly unlikely to run its course for one reason or another, makes sense to protect your assets from poaching as much as possible while things are going well, other chairmen are trigger-happy and there's major international tournaments looming. Shrewd move.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Discounting Villa away and Norwich at home, we have two more points than last season from the corresponding fixtures.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We were all feeling pretty comfortable at this point last season despite some less than deserved results before it all went seriously downhill in the second half of the season.

So as a comparison it highlights how well Potter has done in what is his first 6 months as a premier league manager and let’s not forget with a team playing a completely different style and approach than they have under 4 years of Hughton.

Am 100% confident we will out score last seasons points tally which let’s be honest is the only thing that matters

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Whilst I don't know the numbers a good measure would be comparing our xg stats from this season and last season. A good way of showing if we are making more quality shots than before.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Try watching a game and tell me that we are no better. It’s an entertainment business and we are entertaining most fans again.

You are one of a few CH diehards with an agenda, let it go ffs or at least accept that there was a case for CH being sacked, even if you didn’t agree with it.

The football is better no doubt, in terms of passing particularly, and Tottenham should keep us all warm just thinking about it.

But have we created lots more chances in corresponding fixtures? I’m not sure we have in a number of cases. Last week was very poor, but to be fair Leicester were exceptional.

The defending.............. at times is awful.

But yes, based on those last three months a massive improvement, and I’ll take youngsters over expensive flops every day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here