Date: Saturday 30th November 2019
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Martin Atkinson
Assistants: Lee Betts, Dan Cook
Fourth official: David Coote
VAR: Craig Pawson
Assistant VAR: Andrew Garratt

TEAM NEWS

Liverpool midfielder Fabinho is suspended, although he has been ruled out anyway until the New Year after injuring his ankle versus Napoli.

Naby Keita missed that match due to illness but could return to the squad.

Brighton may be without Solly March, who is nursing a groin problem, but striker Aaron Connolly has recovered from a similar issue.

Captain Lewis Dunk returns from the suspension which ruled him out of last Saturday's defeat by Leicester.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Steve Wilson: Graham Potter's new deal at Brighton - taking him through to 2025 - is a reflection of the success he's had in changing the Seagulls' style as much as it's a measure of the points they've won. That tally stands at 15, exactly the same as last season under Chris Hughton.

Liverpool will expect three points - but will want more. Wednesday's draw with Napoli was the 11th consecutive match in which they have conceded, while the only Premier League game they have won by more than one goal since mid-September was against Manchester City.

Jurgen Klopp would love to see his side keep a clean sheet and rattle in a few goals at the other end. Brighton have sometimes helped Liverpool in this regard; four of the 19 goals Liverpool have scored against them in the last six meetings have been own goals.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp on Fabinho's injury: "It's absolute bad news. I have nothing good to say about that. I'm not sure how long it'll take but it's looking like he won't be involved in the Christmas fixtures.

"It was my main problem after the game but we have solutions and replacements for him. We can play without him. We are not the only team with injury players.

"We have to deal with it and we will."

Graham Potter on his new contract: "We've still got a lot to do, from my perspective it's a little bit strange because we haven't done anything.

"I'm not one of those people that feels that secure by the length of the contract. I know the business we're in.

"It's a fantastic gesture and symbol and signal from the club that they believe in the potential that we're showing... so we're delighted."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Liverpool have won the last seven meetings in all competitions, scoring 22 goals and conceding just five.
    [*=left]Brighton last beat Liverpool in 1984 in an FA Cup fourth-round tie at home.
    [*=left]They have won just twice at Anfield - in the top flight in 1982 and the FA Cup fifth round in 1983.
    [*=left]The opening goal in the past three league meetings has been scored by Mohamed Salah. The Reds won 1-0 home and away last season.

Liverpool

• [*=left]If Liverpool avoid defeat they will equal their longest unbeaten top-flight run of 31 games, set between May 1987 and March 1988.
    [*=left]They are only the fourth side in English top-flight history to have as many as 37 points from their opening 13 league games to a season (adjusting to three points for a win).
    [*=left]The Reds have won 12 Premier League matches this season, as many as Arsenal, Manchester United and Tottenham combined.
    [*=left]Liverpool are on a club Premier League record run of 13 consecutive home victories since a 1-1 draw against Leicester City in January.
    [*=left]Jurgen Klopp is unbeaten in his past 26 Premier League meetings with English managers (W22, D4), winning the last 16 in a row.
    [*=left]Since the start of last season, Liverpool have scored an unrivalled 18 Premier League goals in the 85th minute or later.
    [*=left]They could go 12 matches in all competitions without a clean sheet for the first time since February to April 1998 under Roy Evans.

Albion

• [*=left]Brighton are without a win in five league away games since they beat Watford on the opening weekend of the season (D1, L4).
    [*=left]They have failed to win any of their 15 Premier League away matches against established top-six opposition, scoring only four goals and conceding 33.
    [*=left]Only Sheffield United have scored more top-flight goals by substitutes this season than Brighton's tally of four. The Seagulls scored just four goals by substitutes in their first two Premier League campaigns combined.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Liverpool have conceded a goal in each of their last 11 matches and haven’t won by more than one goal in a PL match since September. UH OH which team would you choose to be playing at home if you wanted to put bring both those records to end in the same game? :wink:

I still live in hope that we can end Liverpool’s 31 match unbeaten home run though :thumbsup:

15 wins on the bounce is a record that we also need to break as we have gone 15 games away against top 6 teams without winning. There is a nice symmetry there but let’s stop it from becoming 16 :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Liverpool have conceded a goal in each of their last 11 matches and haven’t won by more than one goal in a PL match since September. UH OH which team would you choose to be playing at home if you wanted to put bring both those records to end in the same game? :wink:

I still live in hope that we can end Liverpool’s 31 match unbeaten home run though :thumbsup:

15 wins on the bounce is a record that we also need to break as we have gone 15 games away against top 6 teams without winning. There is a nice symmetry there

DailyMirrorBackPage-1983-02-20-Brighton-new.jpg

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Really stingy odds with Bet 365 today

12/1 away win
13/2 draw

A fiver on each for me

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
3-0 home win. I can't think of another team that can exploit our weaknesses more.

Not a spence style doom and gloom post btw as I think we've got a great chance of good results against Arsenal and Wolves. I'm just picturing TAA and Robertson against Montoya and Burn in my head and it's not pretty.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
3-0 home win. I can't think of another team that can exploit our weaknesses more.

Not a spence style doom and gloom post btw as I think we've got a great chance of good results against Arsenal and Wolves. I'm just picturing TAA and Robertson against Montoya and Burn in my head and it's not pretty.

Don’t discount Bernardo getting a game and I think Montoya is better than he gets credit for. But yes of course EVERYBODY thinks we’ll get well beaten!

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I really struggle to get up for these games now - especially away.

Love being in the Premier League but part of me definitely misses the competitiveness of all 46 games in the Championship.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing

Not sure what Montoya and Burn were doing inside your head but inside my head it's an image I now can't unsee and it's not a nice image!!!!!!!! Montoya with those wide eyes and prominent eyebrows and Dan Burns with that sweaty grimis

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Steve Wilson: 'Liverpool will expect three points - but will want more.'

Now THAT is taking the piss. I hope I'm not being overly confident but I really can't see them taking more than three points from us today.:shrug:

Thompson720

Jan 5, 2019
Patcham
4-0 Brighton, can't afford to lose to this relegation fodder

"We want our celery, we want our celery" - Withdean J Block

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
I really struggle to get up for these games now - especially away.

Love being in the Premier League but part of me definitely misses the competitiveness of all 46 games in the Championship.

You're right, of course. Mid table Championship teams can go to Leeds & WBA expecting to win. But that's because a 'very good' Championship team wont be there the following season and so these big teams don't get to buy up all the top players. If a European League were to start, taking away the top 6 teams, then the PL would change each year.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

I am afraid that I must agree with you 100%

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm massively pessimistic about this one.

Can't help but feel we're perfect opposition for Liverpool. 1 down in ten, 3 by half time. 4 or 5-1 by the end.

It's only blind hope that's keeping me up tonight to watch the game. you just never know...

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I'm massively pessimistic about this one.

Can't help but feel we're perfect opposition for Liverpool. 1 down in ten, 3 by half time. 4 or 5-1 by the end.

It's only blind hope that's keeping me up tonight to watch the game. you just never know...

Feeling a bit the same. Loving GP and his new style, but I just can't see our two games v Liverpool ending 0-1 like last season...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here