Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] A quick thank you.

Webbo

Apr 16, 2016
Charlton fan here. It looks like our troubles are coming to an end very soon. I want to thank all the Brighton fans who have been sympathetic to our cause, and most especially those who stood shoulder to shoulder with us during our demonstration on April 23rd 2016 at the Valley. You are a class club, with class fans and a great individual identity.
.....although we still hate Palarse more than you:D

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Are you happy with your potential new owners?

No way, do you hate Palace more than us, and in our case, it is reciprocated.

Webbo

Apr 16, 2016
Are you happy with your potential new owners?

No way, do you hate Palace more than us, and in our case, it is reciprocated.

At the moment the potential new owners seem to view the football club as a sporting institution rather than a weird experiment.
Under Duchatelet we had nine managers in less than 4 years, and a CEO who went on holiday to Dubai as we were getting relegated amongst a lot of other stuff too.
The potential new owners can hardly be any worse than that, and they're supposed to have a bit of money.
Mind you nurturing the (very surprisingly) emerging managerial ability of Lee Bowyer is more important than throwing money at players.
Nice to see you guys rightfully above the cheese rolls in the table.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Charlton fan here. It looks like our troubles are coming to an end very soon. I want to thank all the Brighton fans who have been sympathetic to our cause, and most especially those who stood shoulder to shoulder with us during our demonstration on April 23rd 2016 at the Valley. You are a class club, with class fans and a great individual identity.

You hate palace almost as much as us, whats not to like

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

We can debate that of course, but one thing we can all agree is that The World would be so much better if everyone could hate Palace just a little bit more.

Aside from that I am very pleased for you. I always look out for Charlton results and it's great place to watch a game (thanks to you having decent fans).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I liked Charlton until they tried to take advantage of our near demise by sending free travel coaches to the south coast to tempt some of our less die hard fans with top flight football. That wasn’t very classy.

Now you’ve been through the hard times yourselves you might understand how much that pissed some of us off

That apart I’ve generally had a soft spot for Charlton and enjoy away days there.

Pleased that you look to be almost over your struggles with owners

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
My step-father in a Charlton fan and is over the moon at this. Fingers crossed it works out well.

Webbo

Apr 16, 2016
I liked Charlton until they tried to take advantage of our near demise by sending free travel coaches to the south coast to tempt some of our less die hard fans with top flight football. That wasn’t very classy.

Now you’ve been through the hard times yourselves you might understand how much that pissed some of us off

That apart I’ve generally had a soft spot for Charlton and enjoy away days there.

Pleased that you look to be almost over your struggles with owners

I don't know about free coaches but certainly some eager person working at Charlton arranged advertising in the Brighton area when we were riding high and you were suffering. I certainly regret that, and if it helps I apologise. However it is possible that the thoughtless actions of a club employee can be somewhat offset by the supportive actions towards BHA by real Charlton fans including our turn out on the Fans United day where we were glad to swell the numbers and also sing a few songs in support of Steve Gritt. (A good guy who I hope you all remember with some fondness).

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't know about free coaches but certainly some eager person working at Charlton arranged advertising in the Brighton area when we were riding high and you were suffering. I certainly regret that, and if it helps I apologise. However it is possible that the thoughtless actions of a club employee can be somewhat offset by the supportive actions towards BHA by real Charlton fans including our turn out on the Fans United day where we were glad to swell the numbers and also sing a few songs in support of Steve Gritt. (A good guy who I hope you all remember with some fondness).

Steve Gritt? A legend in these parts :thumbsup:

Stevie Gritt, Stevie Gritt, Stevie Stevie Gritt he’s got no hair, we don’t care Stevie Stevie Gritt

13 points adrift at one stage and a club in complete disarray yet Gritt got us over the line. He is part of Albion folklore

Last edited:

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
I’ve been to the Valley twice and it’s a great ground, right in the heart of the community, with great supporters. And, as mentioned, many Charlton fans came down for Fans United.

I hope it all goes well for them in the future.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I don't know much about Charlton apart from the Valley having been one of the biggest grounds in the country in its day, with the largest east stand terrace in the league.

Good luck.

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
Nobodies mentioned the fact that we have contributed to Charltons rise, by allowing two excellent footballers, Tomer Hemed & Beram Kayal to join the fight.
It's only cos we like you.
Need I ask how they are performing?

Webbo

Apr 16, 2016
They have hardly played.
Hard to judge them on what I have seen although Hemed might need to, ahem, 'run it off in training'. Shame because we need them. Of our 26 man squad we had half out injured plus one suspension for last Saturday. We are having to field unborn children.

The-Libertine

May 2, 2006

I remember the coaches of Charlton fans turning up for Fans United day at the Goldstone. I am so pleased to hear that your troubles are nearly over. It was a pleasure to join your protests in 2016. As our supporters sang on the day, “We’re Brighton and Hove Albion. We never forget.” Good luck!

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
I was at the Charlton vs. Cardiff match the other week and neither Hemed nor Kayal played (unless they did and the four
pints pre-match had kicked in by then). Shocking behaviour! But a ground in the best traditions of English footie - easy
to get to, friendly and decent people

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here