Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Prince Philip Rumours

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
...my media sources tell me. Expect News flashes shortly!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I’ll add, personally I’m taking with a pinch of salt because the Royals seem to all live forever. But apparently there’s a growing buzz in media circles and word on street is the Duke has passed away sadly.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Oh...which paper? That’s one heck of an error to make!!

d4b8cd54f75307e53809f61ac2022003.jpg

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Oh...which paper? That’s one heck of an error to make!!

It's easier than you think. All the broadcasters, newspapers have something already to go with the very famous individuals as they get very old.

I worked for a music channel years ago and a had a Frank Sinatra obituary ready to on the shelf before he slipped away.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
This has happened before on twitter #bollocks

I was just thinking that there must have been several occasions when this has happened before. Not on twitter, but bit more ‘credible’ source. His age alone, what is he 98? must mean when the Duke finally goes (it isn’t tonight!) then there’s already a pre written set of things and process that the media can just press a button and almost sit back and run VT like?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The bones were found in a box under the staircase in the Tower of London. The bones were widely accepted at the time as those of the princes, but this has not been proven and is far from certain.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's easier than you think. All the broadcasters, newspapers have something already to go with the very famous individuals as they get very old.

I worked for a music channel years ago and a had a Frank Sinatra obituary ready to on the shelf before he slipped away.

Oh, I just posted something to this effect. Thought this might be the case. Suppose it makes a lot of sense. Heard a rumour about tv news presenters must always have a black tie to hand in case queenie dies.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Frank Sinatra is DEAD ?
When did this happen ?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Frank Sinatra is DEAD ?
When did this happen ?

Technically, he died in August 1974 at the Glasgow Apollo , but, so many acts died there it wasn't widely reported.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's quite a simple chain of events for such an announcement Portlock.

The doctor tells the Queen.
The Queen tells Crodo.
Crodo tells us.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
There's quite a simple chain of events for such an announcement Portlock.

The doctor tells the Queen.
The Queen tells Crodo.
Crodo tells us.

Who’s Crodo, SB? I’ve heard of Frodo but not this guy or girl?

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
Oh, I just posted something to this effect. Thought this might be the case. Suppose it makes a lot of sense. Heard a rumour about tv news presenters must always have a black tie to hand in case queenie dies.

Aside from the old folks do they have some ready for car crash ' most likely to' celebs? If so I'd have one ready for Katie Price!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here