Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] EURO 2020 DRAW - Saturday 5pm

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Always love the draw for International Tournaments. Think it's because it takes me back to the days of stickers, however they'll struggle this year given we won't know 4 of the 24 teams until playoffs are completed in March.

Euro 2020 groups

Group A: Italy
Group B: Russia and Denmark
Group C: Holland
Group D: England
Group E: Spain
Group F: Germany

Euro 2020 draw pots

Pot 1: Belgium, Italy (hosts), England (hosts), Germany (hosts), Spain (hosts), Ukraine.

Pot 2: France, Poland, Switzerland, Croatia, Netherlands (hosts), Russia (hosts).

Pot 3: Portugal, Turkey, Denmark (hosts), Austria, Sweden, Czech Republic.

Pot 4: Wales, Finland, Winner play-off Path A, Winner play-off Path B, Winner play-off Path C, Winner play-off Path D.

Euro 2020 play-off paths (To be played in March 2020)

Path A: Iceland/Romania v Bulgaria Hungary
Path B: Bosnia/Northern Ireland v Slovakia/Republic of Ireland
Path C: Scotland/Israel v Norway/Serbia
Path D: Georgia/Belarus v North Macedonia/Kosovo

Best case scenario? Switzerland, Czech Republic and North Macedonia.

Worst case? France, Portugal, Wales.

How far will we go?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
So Belgium have already got Russia and Denmark as Ukraine can't be paired with Russia.

PWA

European Tour 2023/24
Jul 23, 2011
West Sussex
Worst Case is France Portugal and Serbia for sure.

Have also got tickets for games so personally looking forward to the draw after Liverpool.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've read the paper this morning and I think I understand it now:

England are guaranteed the winners of Path C in their group - Scotland, Israel, Norway or Serbia.

From Pot 2 we can only get one from: France, Poland, Switzerland or Croatia.
From Pot 3 we get one from: Portugal, Turkey, Austria, Sweden Czech Republic.

Wales can only go in Group A or B, so England can't draw them. Because of the Russia/Ukraine problem, Group B is already 75% decided - Russia, Denmark, Belgium and either Finland or Wales.

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Somewhat amazing really that as a seeded team it’s possible to draw both the reigning world and European champions in the group stages. I’m going to the game at Wembley on the 19th - taking my lad and my dad. My dad took me to the Switzerland game at Euro 96 as a surprise for my tenth birthday, so it would be quite nice in a way if it turned out to be Switzerland again.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;9152920 said:
I've got tickets to one of the group Wembley games - hope I get England!

Same as that, only mine are for the Tuesday game on the 23rd June, which is the day we go to Glastonbury.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Just shown Kraut poo sniffer.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Was once a sucker for international football but the completely ****ed up format of this tournament and the next World Cup being held in Qatar has pretty much killed all my interest.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Was once a sucker for international football but the completely ****ed up format of this tournament and the next World Cup being held in Qatar has pretty much killed all my interest.

Same rather. I didn't have a scoobies that the draw was today until I just noticed this thread! And the fact that it's a very short thread says it all really.

What the fvck are all these 'paths' about?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here