Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Anyone NOT tracking Ben White?

bardo

Jul 6, 2004
Seaford
Every day there appears to be another club "following Ben White's progress". From Liverpool, Man U, Newcastle, Wolves and today, apparently, it's Leicester. Latest report suggests Bloom may gladly welcome a bidding war. Is this true and nevertheless will we staunchly rebut all offers for a guy who shows amazing promise in the Championship but is yet to appear in a Premier game?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Put a price tag of 100M on him and that should end all the rumours.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Every day there appears to be another club "following Ben White's progress". From Liverpool, Man U, Newcastle, Wolves and today, apparently, it's Leicester. Latest report suggests Bloom may gladly welcome a bidding war. Is this true and nevertheless will we staunchly rebut all offers for a guy who shows amazing promise in the Championship but is yet to appear in a Premier game?

Not seen any sources, but I suspect Bloom doesn't give a toss about a bidding war, because he's not planning on selling him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Albion would only accept a huge offer for him.

It is unlikely that a huge offer would be made for a player who hasn't kicked a ball in the top league.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Just waiting for the expected derisory bid from palace now.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm sure Leeds United will have something to say about this!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not seen any sources, but I suspect Bloom doesn't give a toss about a bidding war, because he's not planning on selling him.

This. Folk should realise that all our transfer dealings are done with maximum discretion. I have a feeling that other clubs do know this already though.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Considering he's the best defender we have at the club now (according to some) I can't see him leaving for less than Man City paid for Stones. His absence will has made him a £100m player to some Brighton fans. All the better to ship out rubbish link Webster and Duffy, eh?

In all seriousness though, this season has been great for him and us. Compete at the top of a really tough league, play week in, week out and build a class reputation to come back to us with in the summer. I don't actually want him back until then. Let him develop and then when he comes back, integrate him into the first team.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
33630770003_large.jpg

2001 Chevrolet Tracker--white

Oh, I thought we were discussing white Trackers.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
It's somewhat strange that we sit pretty amidst the big boys of the EPL and our main concerns appear to be - will we lose or gain the services of Ben White after his loan spell. I suppose there has also been the scary threads about Trossard being so bloody amazing that every manager in Europe is tracking him, too.

Honestly - I think we're fine. Got these assets tied down.

This is us moving towards what we've always wanted to become. A team that finds and creates world class talent.....this is our dream actually coming to fruition.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Some quite good sport to be had winding up Leeds fans on Twitter now............

'We're planning on letting him continue his loan at a smaller club while he continues to develop but he'll be coming home in the summer of course - unless we decide we want him back after Christmas' kind of thing.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
No idea what clubs are prepared to pay now but one good season in the Prem and today's high market price would rocket considerably.

Potter has alluded to a quiet January and we have one player out on loan who would be like at least a £30m star signing without needing to negotiate. Therefore it would be illogical to not pull White from Leeds and bring him back as the only bit of January business we do.

It would make great sense on a business and footballing level because he can not only play CB, he can play RB and Defensive Midfield too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here