Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal EMBARRASSMENT

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I thought they were coasting to a morale boosting victory, then.

I can’t believe how empty the stadium is, yet again, in what Wenger designed as a cathedral for decades of success to come.

West Ham and Arsenal, in different ways, have found that a huge new stadium, isn’t necessarily a panacea.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I thought they were coasting to a morale boosting victory, then.

I can’t believe how empty the stadium is, yet again, in what Wenger designed as a cathedral for decades of success to come.

West Ham and Arsenal, in different ways, have found that a huge new stadium, isn’t necessarily a panacea.

Given the choice, I bet 99% of (genuine) Arsenal and West Ham fans would go back to Highbury and the Boleyn tomorrow. The Emirates is an awful soulless bowl devoid of atmosphere and stuffed with tourists. I've not been to the London Stadium yet, but its not even a proper football ground.

Given what we went through to get a stadium I'm not THAT wracked with sympathy. But I do have a certain amount of empathy with their long-standing fans who must pine for what they used to have - which was two of the best and most iconic stadiums in the country.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I’d never question the loyalty of NSC’s ESU boozers :drink::drink::drink:.

Do you get a view of ESL from your seat?

Nope...but I do get a good view of the other stands and see a fair number leaving ..not as many as esl..but it’s not surprising given the reasons you state...if I’d taken a child I’d probably leave early...shame though it means I’m going to have a bit of a dilemma over taking my grandson when he’s old enough

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Given the choice, I bet 99% of (genuine) Arsenal and West Ham fans would go back to Highbury and the Boleyn tomorrow. The Emirates is an awful soulless bowl devoid of atmosphere and stuffed with tourists. I've not been to the London Stadium yet, but its not even a proper football ground.

Given what we went through to get a stadium I'm not THAT wracked with sympathy. But I do have a certain amount of empathy with their long-standing fans who must pine for what they used to have - which was two of the best and most iconic stadiums in the country.

The London Stadium is just awful, even after millions of Newham taxpayers money. Great for Athletics though

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

So do I. I don’t have a soft spot for either club, but I know Gooners who stood, then sat, on the North Bank up to the end of Highbury. Not PL JCL’s, they were regulars back to the Brady/Jennings days, but they rarely go now. Not at £900 to £2,000 a season to watch their average team in a soulless bowl. Wenger prided himself on having a huge say in the stadium design, but imho he didn’t take on board the British fans perspective of the front row being close to the pitch for intimidation/atmosphere, or giving each stand/side an identity. Spurs, Everton and Liverpool in their redevelopments and plans, have learnt from Arsenal’s blunder. Spurs cheekily subtly bitched about it, when announcing the plans for their Kop end.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here