Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] 54 Supermarket 'Bags For Life' Per UK Household Last Year

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I mean, REALLY?! How hard do you have to whack the stupid until they take the hint? Make it a quid per Bag For Life and they might actually engage brain while shopping. Only way they might stand at the checkout and think about what they're doing :dunce:

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
perhaps they aren't all stupid, we all do stupid things without being stupid.

D

Deleted member 2719

I bet most of them pretend to be green also as they fly off for their 3rd plane trip of the year.

They should all be made to plant 1000 trees.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
bags for life break, get left behind at home or in the car. larger supermarkets only offer bag for life, so you cant get a old style one when poping in for a few things.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I mean, REALLY?! How hard do you have to whack the stupid until they take the hint? Make it a quid per Bag For Life and they might actually engage brain while shopping. Only way they might stand at the checkout and think about what they're doing :dunce:

You are joking, I saw three trolleys at M and S Hollingbury dumped around the car park all with the quid deposit in on Tuesday !

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
54 times a year?

You would be surprised how many people use them as rubbish bags, yes, I know you can buy 20 black bin bags for £1.99 but there are plenty of morons around.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You would be surprised how many people use them as rubbish bags, yes, I know you can buy 20 black bin bags for £1.99 but there are plenty of morons around.

Fair enough. Just bump up the moron tax to the point where morons think twice about being morons :thumbsup:

And don't even get me STARTED on a congestion charge for private morons, er I meant motorists, in central Brighton

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
You are joking, I saw three trolleys at M and S Hollingbury dumped around the car park all with the quid deposit in on Tuesday !

That is the result of a cost/rain analysis on the part of the shopper. eg, Customer has just struggled through the rain to their £35,000 Range Rover Evoque and has loaded the self opening boot, it's a 60 m round trip to take the trolley back in driving rain but you can be inside the car in ten seconds at the cost of a pound.

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Fair enough. Just bump up the moron tax to the point where morons think twice about being morons :thumbsup:

And don't even get me STARTED on a congestion charge for private morons, er I meant motorists, in central Brighton

Tom’ll fix it alright. There seems to be nothing that you can’t fix :clap:

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Only get deliveries now, no need to set foot in a supermarket and no bags whatsoever..

Maybe a cross party investigation into the cost/benefit of subsidising delivery costs....save on carbon footprints of driving in addition to a zillion bags.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Tom’ll fix it alright. There seems to be nothing that you can’t fix :clap:

As previous advised, this invaluable service is now being supplied by [MENTION=17913]Falmerfourtickets[/MENTION] who has found himself with WAY more unexpected time on his hands than he had anticipated. Please PM the new service provider, or write to him direct at:

TIM'LL FIX IT
CONSERVATIVE PARTY HQ
WITHDEAN

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
As previous advised, this invaluable service is now being supplied by [MENTION=17913]Falmerfourtickets[/MENTION] who has found himself with WAY more unexpected time on his hands than he had anticipated. Please PM the new service provider, or write to him direct at:

TIM'LL FIX IT
CONSERVATIVE PARTY HQ
WITHDEAN

Yeah but he’s a dick. I’d rather deal with you :lolol:

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
I reckon a good number are in the boot of my car.

I'm keeping them until the price goes up, then I'm going to hang around Sainsbury's and knock 'em out for 50p. You know it makes sense....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
54 times is, of course, more than once per week. I assume most people do at least some shopping weekly, so on average people are forgetting more than once every time.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I'm thinking of having a pouch sewn on to my midriff, kangaroo-esquely. Just the same as a roo i'd have it that my own bodily juices would be lovingly spewed there to keep items fresh, so that i can rid myself of packaging almost entirely. Ok i know that that when i accidentally pouch an unfinished packet of Wotsits and forget of them, when i reach deeply in for a monthly clear-out a hardened, yet still slightly soggy orange superball of flavoured dust will be unearthed, a scattering of five pence pieces and Locket fragments and bike light batteries forming a partial outer carpet on. The outside of the pouch will be a little tartan and muffy, and the inner fluids spilt will have a tiny touch of strawberry Yazoo to them in taste.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I know a guy who bought (and maybe still does) a 5p bag with his lunch EVERY workday. He thought it was okay because he always put it in recycling. :ffsparr:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I've been using the same four bags for a few years now. Do I get a medal?

yes you do. a nice plastic one.

Lindfield by the Pond

Jan 10, 2009
Lindfield (near the pond)
That is the result of a cost/rain analysis on the part of the shopper. eg, Customer has just struggled through the rain to their £35,000 Range Rover Evoque and has loaded the self opening boot, it's a 60 m round trip to take the trolley back in driving rain but you can be inside the car in ten seconds at the cost of a pound.

Isn't that called the Waitrose shove? Just give enough of a push to have enough distance away from your Range Rover saying "F**k Orf" as you shove?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here