Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
...for the draw on Monday.

Capture.JPG

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
I would hope no more than 3 - 4 of the U23’s are in the side whoever we get and we take this cup bit more seriously than we did the league cup.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
At long last I don't have to pray for Everton away as I finally managed to get to Goodison last season :lolol:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Eastleigh away, then I can walk there.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Chichester City would be interesting

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I would hope no more than 3 - 4 of the U23’s are in the side whoever we get and we take this cup bit more seriously than we did the league cup.

Pretty sure we took the FA Cup a bit seriously last season. Either that or it was a run of soft draws and/or outrageous good fortune. Outplayed by Millwall? REALLY?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Pretty sure we took the FA Cup a bit seriously last season. Either that or it was a run of soft draws and outrageous good fortune

True, but we have a new manager this season. Will Potter be more or less interested in the FA Cup? Is the League Cup team any indication?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

This.

The side we put out against Aston Villa in the League Cup was embarrassing, and showed no respect, to either our fans or the opposition..

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
True, but we have a new manager this season. Will Potter be more or less interested in the FA Cup? Is the League Cup team any indication?

Tricky one to call. Hopefully GP has already proved his credentials of willing to bring young players into the fray. Tho I guess there will always be the pressure there to give a run out to the future prospects and the also-rans. Last chance for Ali J to stake his claim as a serious contender for the first team?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Tricky one to call. Hopefully GP has already proved his credentials of willing to bring young players into the fray. Tho I guess there will always be the pressure there to give a run out to the future prospects and the also-rans. Last chance for Ali J to stake his claim as a serious contender for the first team?

Yes for God's sake put Ali J in the starting eleven. Unless you play him from the off, we will never know exactly what he can do. But the last chance for him to shine? yes l would say so.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I'd rather we brushed it aside this season, get Prem established (as much as you can) and then have a go for the cup.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing

It would be a very last last chance, given the game will take place in the transfer window.

With all players fit, plus the availability of the U23 players we SHOULD be able to put out a FA Cup team stringer than we've ever done before.

The Players that featured V Leicester:

Ryan

Burn
Montoya
Webster
Duffy
March
Mooy
Propper
Stephens
Trossard
Maupay

Could all be rested and we'd still be able to play:

Button or Steele

Bernardo
Dunk
Baluta or Balogan
Schellotto

Bissouma
Gross
Alzate
Jahanbakhsh

Connolly
Murray

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011

I would hope that no more than 3-4 of our first team squad are in the side. PL survival is crucial and our squad already lacks quality in depth.

I take the point regarding the League Cup side against Villa but the issues surrounding that were down to the game not being marketed correctly and the pricing structure set up by Barber. If we are going to play a similar side in the FA Cup then I would expect the tickets to be priced accordingly.

It's sad to see the demise of the FA Cup but it's all down to the money. It would be foolish to risk PL survival and the huge amount of money that goes with it for a comparatively tiny reward for a run in the FA Cup.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here