Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Anyone able to spare some time and meet a student of mine?

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Hi everyone. Wonder if anyone could do me a favour. I have a student who I teach online who is currently in Brighton on an English course at St Giles. He is an air traffic controller from Saudi Arabia. He would love to meet someone for a coffee in the evening to get some valuable speaking practice. His English is pretty good and he's also really keen on knowing more about our beloved football club. I've told him about the Under 23s playing Newport at the Amex next Tuesday so I think it's quite likely he will go, especially as it's only a fiver! Anyway, if anyone would like to meet Ayman, let me know and I'll give you his number for WhatsApp.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Easy enough job should only take a few minutes.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Hi everyone. Wonder if anyone could do me a favour. I have a student who I teach online who is currently in Brighton on an English course at St Giles. He is an air traffic controller from Saudi Arabia. He would love to meet someone for a coffee in the evening to get some valuable speaking practice. His English is pretty good and he's also really keen on knowing more about our beloved football club. I've told him about the Under 23s playing Newport at the Amex next Tuesday so I think it's quite likely he will go, especially as it's only a fiver! Anyway, if anyone would like to meet Ayman, let me know and I'll give you his number for WhatsApp.

Good luck. I hope someone local is able to assist.

I wonder how different the volume of responses would be, if your request had been...

Hi everyone. Wonder if anyone could do me a favour. I have a student who I teach online who is currently in Brighton on an English course at St Giles. She is an air traffic controller from Denmark. She would love to meet someone for a coffee in the evening to get some valuable speaking practice. Her English is pretty good and she's also really keen on knowing more about our beloved football club. I've told her about the Under 23s playing Newport at the Amex next Tuesday so I think it's quite likely she will go, especially as it's only a fiver! Anyway, if anyone would like to meet Inga, let me know and I'll give you her number for WhatsApp.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Good luck. I hope someone local is able to assist.

I wonder how different the volume of responses would be, if your request had been...
Female Saudi air traffic controller. :rolleyes:

They aren't even allowed to park cars.

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Actually the first course of female controllers has now graduated and a second course is going through the college at the moment. The times they are a-changing!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Driving ban was lifted a while ago.......................
That would be a year ago.

I guess I should have written

...'They've only just learned to park cars'

as my falling flat equality 'zinger'.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I suggest you read my response again, look for any mention of female Saudis,, and re-direct your facepalm...
Good point well made.

I shall :facepalm: myself for assuming the direction you were heading from the first gender switcharoo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here