Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] RIP Jonathan Miller

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Doctor, Comedian (Beyond the Fringe, with Alan Bennett, Cook & Moore), Broadcaster (The Body in Question etc.), Theatre Director (Artistic Director of the Old Vic, directed Olivier et al), Opera Director (Glyndebourne and the Met et al), Sculptor, Author.

God, what a polymath.

RIP to an utter legend.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
Good grief - a major entertaining part of my life for more years than I care to remember. ….. and I've just written exactly the same on the Clive James thread.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
They say things come in threes - and today we've had Clive James, Gary Rhodes, and now Jonathan Miller.

RIP to all three gentleman - and I guess the rest of us can now breathe easily, at least until tomorrow!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
I remember loving the version of Eugene O'Neill's 'Long Day's Journey Into Night' that he directed in the eighties. He made the decision that, at times, the actors should talk over each other instead of waiting for the other actor to finish their lines: a very perceptive move that made the family squabbles far more alive and real. It also knocked nearly an hour off what is a very long play. The version I saw on the telly is on the internet if anyone has a couple of hours to spare.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uVwAPVfDnI

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here