Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
There's a reason the marina feels detached from Brighton

It's nearer to Eastbourne.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I've sold monorails to Chailey, Durrington and West Chiltington, and by gum it put THEM on the map!

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
If it was going to happen, between the marina and the Palace Pier, about 2.2 km, I would expect it to be really really fast and take about 30 seconds and not chug along like the Volks train does for it to be worth it.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Certainly a shared space would ease the transport issues to Black Rock/The Marina.

So either a monorail or the L rapid transit system favoured in the States would be good, and has the bonus of providing good sightseeing opportunities for tourists, over a more costly underground.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Well personally, I've never seen what's wrong with the Volks Railway.

Too slow, carriages too open. And I haven't been on it since the kids were little, but won't it need extending? From memory (and I accept I could be wrong) it only goes up to about where the Concorde is, we need something to go to the Marina.

(And yes, extending and upgrading Volks will be way cheaper than a monorail - but not nearly so much fun!)

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
If it was going to happen, between the marina and the Palace Pier, about 2.2 km, I would expect it to be really really fast and take about 30 seconds and not chug along like the Volks train does for it to be worth it.

Add another train or two to the Volks Railway, and think how much money it would save?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Too slow, carriages too open. And I haven't been on it since the kids were little, but won't it need extending? From memory (and I accept I could be wrong) it only goes up to about where the Concorde is, we need something to go to the Marina.

(And yes, extending and upgrading Volks will be way cheaper than a monorail - but not nearly so much fun!)

Errrrrm . . . I was joking! :laugh:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Money might be an issue with the i360 still failing to repay its debts.
The ultimate in Green Brighton recycling. Chop down the tower and put it on wheels.

whosthedaddy

striker256
Apr 20, 2007
Hove
TRAMS TRAMS TRAMS
It's a simple solution really but I'm sure our councillors will baulk at the costs even though it makes perfect sense...they have deferred doing the obvious thing for many years.
Come on Brighton & Hove, get it sorted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here