Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Andrew Neil Carves up Boris - a preview

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episo...ervative-leadership-jeremy-hunt-boris-johnson

I watched this interview earlier on BBC iPlayer which went out during the Johnson/Hunt leadership campaign, so this would've been some time in July.

Johnson is on from about 31m, and naturally, Neil utterly shreds him from start to finish. Its interesting to hear Johnson all but rule out and dismiss the chance of him proroguing Parliament just a few short months before it had to be ruled by the Supreme Court to stop him doing exactly that. There is a particularly enjoyable exchange at 51m though.

AN: “you talk about article 5B…”
JB: “Paragraph 5B, article 24, get the detail right. Get the DETAIL right, Andrew. Article 24 PARAGRAPH 5B”
AN: “How would you handle paragraph 5C ?”
JB: “I would res...I would confide entirely in paragraph 5B, because that is…”
AN: “But how would you go round whats in 5C ?”
JB: “I would confide entirely in paragraph 5B, which is enough for our purposes.”
AN: “Do you know whats in 5C ?”
JB: *points decisively at Neil* “......No.”
AN: *subtle pause* “But I thought you were a man of detail ?”
BJ: *stuttering* “Well, well...y....you didn’t even know if it was an article or a paragraph”

Marvellous :lolol:

Love the little traps Andrew Neil sets for his victims. Can't wait for the next instalment.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episo...ervative-leadership-jeremy-hunt-boris-johnson

I watched this interview earlier on BBC iPlayer which went out during the Johnson/Hunt leadership campaign, so this would've been some time in July.

Johnson is on from about 31m, and naturally, Neil utterly shreds him from start to finish. Its interesting to hear Johnson all but rule out and dismiss the chance of him proroguing Parliament just a few short months before it had to be ruled by the Supreme Court to stop him doing exactly that. There is a particularly enjoyable exchange at 51m though.

AN: “you talk about article 5B…”
JB: “Paragraph 5B, article 24, get the detail right. Get the DETAIL right, Andrew. Article 24 PARAGRAPH 5B”
AN: “How would you handle paragraph 5C ?”
JB: “I would res...I would confide entirely in paragraph 5B, because that is…”
AN: “But how would you go round whats in 5C ?”
JB: “I would confide entirely in paragraph 5B, which is enough for our purposes.”
AN: “Do you know whats in 5C ?”
JB: *points decisively at Neil* “......No.”
AN: *subtle pause* “But I thought you were a man of detail ?”
BJ: *stuttering* “Well, well...y....you didn’t even know if it was an article or a paragraph”

Marvellous :lolol:

Love the little traps Andrew Neil sets for his victims. Can't wait for the next instalment.

If you are on twitter at all, Michael Spicer is brilliant at ripping these sort of exchanges to pieces.

[tweet]1150746956182040576[/tweet]

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
To be fair, Neil has carved up Sturgeon and Corbyn this week too.

This.

I reckon the only person coming out of any these interviews well will be Neil himself...

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Brave Sir Boris ran away!

[TWEET]1199697628545650688[/TWEET]

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Surprised the Boris Broadcasting Company haven't made Neil unavailable and agreed to show a special version of the Boris Facebook Q&As, as that avoids any challenge to the liars answers

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Brave Sir Boris ran away!

[TWEET]1199697628545650688[/TWEET]

It’s not going to happen.

Avoiding Neil is much better PR wise than being ripped to shreds by him. Corbyn should never have agreed to step into the Lion’s den without being 100% sure that Bojo would do it to. Amateur.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
No surprise whatsoever that Johnson is bottling it. He found out the hard way that Neil simply will not accommodate unsubstantiated waffle, bluster and bullshit, which is all his entire campaign, in fact his entire LIFE, has ever been based on.

He could be floored by the simplest of questions, and he knows it. Starting with: "So, Boris - how many children DO you have ?"

Say what you like about Corbyn, but at least he had the confidence to submit himself to Andrew Neil's hairdryer bellowing.

The world's biggest coward Boris Johnson has bottled it :whistle:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Surely he HAS to go on after the others have all agreed otherwise he is making the BBC partisan which is not allowed. He has to go on.

I bet he doesn't and he then accuses the BBC of bias because of it. That's exactly how he operates.

I do wonder how many children he has, though.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I'm less concerned about confused paragraphs and more worried about Johnson telling fibs about the border checks for Northern Ireland after BREXIT. Or him simply not knowing.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
It’s not going to happen.

Avoiding Neil is much better PR wise than being ripped to shreds by him. Corbyn should never have agreed to step into the Lion’s den without being 100% sure that Bojo would do it to. Amateur.

Yes, it was a bit amateur. But I'd rather have amateur behaviour on the PR front than that of the self-entitled little shit who has just pulled a flanker on him.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here