Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] How long will Brexit continue to dominate British Politics ?

How long will Brexit dominate British Politics

• 2 weeks (as per Swinson)

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • 6 months 2 weeks (as per Corbyn)

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • 13 months (as per Johnson)

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • 3 years

Votes: 12 10.6%
  • 5 years

Votes: 14 12.4%
  • 10 years

Votes: 23 20.4%
  • 20 years

Votes: 35 31.0%
  • 50 years (as per JRM)

Votes: 23 20.4%

• Total voters

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
This will, quite rightly be merged with the Brexit thread, but maybe it could be left for a few days to see the results ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
& NSC.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
decades

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
This will, quite rightly be merged with the Brexit thread, but maybe it could be left for a few days to see the results ?

Well we joined in 1973 and the Eurosceptics never accepted it, we've sniped at the sidelines ever since, so my guess is another 20 years at least.

Back in 2015 the Lib Dems had been virtually wiped out, so the opportunity to be the unequivocal party of Remain gives them a permanent foothold back into British politics. I can't see them abandoning their Remain position even if there's a soft Brexit, and that will also be the case with the SNP, Greens and Plaid, which I can only see growing stronger over the next 10 years. So if you're looking for an alternative to the big 2 parties - and many will be - it is likely to be a Remain / Rejoin party.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Years if we leave. Decades if we don't.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Years if we leave. Decades if we don't.

It'll be decades either way I think.

If we leave we've still got X years of trade negotiations to figure out, which presumably has to get through Parliament as well and we've seen in the last few years how that works out.

Tacked on to that we'll have X GEs in which Back In / Stay Out will inevitably be at least a discussion.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
About fifteen years until the collapse of the EU.

Why is it going to collapse? Since 2016 the 27 have been more united than ever. Arguably by removing the bad apple the institution is now less likely to collapse than when we were in it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
there will be people claiming Brexit caused the collapse.

The EU won't collapse.

Incidentally, I can (just about) understand people wanting us to leave the EU, but why would anyone want the EU to collapse? The last time we had the likes of France, Germany, Italy, and the UK as independent rivals, some of whom with an eye on annexing the Sudetenland, it took a world war and the creation of what has become the EU to create a longlasting peace.

FFS.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The EU won't collapse.

Incidentally, I can (just about) understand people wanting us to leave the EU, but why would anyone want the EU to collapse?

In general it appears to me to be people with Shit Life Syndrome who desperately want others to fail so that their own lives don't seem so miserable by comparison.

A bit like the reason many people watch Eastenders, but real.

RossyG

Dec 20, 2014
The EU won't collapse.

Incidentally, I can (just about) understand people wanting us to leave the EU, but why would anyone want the EU to collapse? The last time we had the likes of France, Germany, Italy, and the UK as independent rivals, some of whom with an eye on annexing the Sudetenland, it took a world war and the creation of what has become the EU to create a longlasting peace.

FFS.

Here’s what Jeremy Corbyn had to say about that.

https://www.theredroar.com/2019/02/...second-irish-referendum-in-unearthed-footage/

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Other way round if anything. If we leave we've got the long process of rejoining to look forward to.

If we don't leave we'll have the ERG, the sperms of Farage, and people like droopy on NSC going on and on about it, with the Fail and Excess fuelling the stink-pot with regular dollops of shit, forevermore.

If we do leave....actually you are right. I can't see how it will ever be resolved - we already have a labour shortage on the farms of Kent....the Irish border.....passport checks at Dover....perpetual 'operation stack'....and that's before we consider the hit we may get from general complications with trade and investment.....perhaps we won't have endless conversation about Brexit itself, just endless conversation about falling living standards, social unrest, etc.

When I think about it, I still can't imaging us leaveing because I can't see how we can. And yet the fat oaf and his 'let's get Brexit done' makes it sould like we will all be basking on the Sunny Uplands by May. How I hate being lied to. Anazing how effective it can be, though, when a conscience-free psychopath is peddling the lies.

So, having given my head a wobble, yes, decades either way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here