Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Contract extension to 2025 for Graham Potter

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Albion extend Potter's contract

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1505517/albion-extend-potters-contract

Brighton & Hove Albion have extended the contract of head coach Graham Potter to 2025, after his impressive start in the role.

Potter, along with assistant Billy Reid, first-team coach Bjorn Hamberg and assistant head of recruitment Kyle Macaulay, have all also agreed contract extensions to 2025. The trio joined Potter in moving from Swansea City to Albion last summer.

Chairman Tony Bloom said, “We’ve been really pleased with the start Graham has made as head coach since joining us in the summer, and I’m delighted he and his staff have committed to these new long-term contracts.

“Together with his backroom team, he has continued the club’s progress of recent years and brought a different approach with a new style of play, which has been embraced by players and supporters alike.

“In the summer we unveiled a new long-term vision for us to become an established top-ten Premier League club, and we feel even more strongly that Graham as a bright, energetic and innovative head coach, is the right man to lead us there.”

Potter added, “I’ve had a tremendous welcome from everyone connected to the club — staff, players and fans — and have found it very easy to settle.

“The infrastructure, support and everything associated with the club is first class, and I’m pleased with what we have been able to do already, but there is still a way for us to go.

“I’m thrilled that the club have liked what they’ve seen so far, in a relatively short period of time, and have already shown an added confidence in what we are trying to do.

“I hope that this is just the start of what will be another successful period in our history, and I’m extremely grateful that the club have made this long-term commitment.”

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Has there been some sniffing around do you think?

Good news for most of us but an utter disaster for some :thumbsup:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Blimey, that must be one of the fastest extensions offered ever, he only singed in June!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Blimey, that must be one of the fastest extensions offered ever, he only singed in June!

He was appointed on May 20th, so its pretty much 6 months exactly. I reckon he's probably hit some pre-determined 6 month target to earn this.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Managerial merry-go-round is starting and it makes sense for Brighton to protect their interests. It's entirely possible that clubs will be making enquiries in the coming year about GP's availability.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Protecting an asset. Makes sense. Yes this season has been up and down, but it’s been a breath of fresh air for me and we’ve been very unlucky at times, good call.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
He was appointed on May 20th, so its pretty much 6 months exactly. I reckon he's probably hit some pre-determined 6 month target to earn this.
Seems most likely ... There have been some flashes of brilliance but I'm not fully sold yet. Those last 2 games weren't exactly a tactical master class.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
:clap: :clap: :clap:

Fantastic news and shows the high regard and respect Tony and the board have for the job GPott is doing.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Albion extend Potter's contract

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.com/news/1505517/albion-extend-potters-contract

Brighton & Hove Albion have extended the contract of head coach Graham Potter to 2025, after his impressive start in the role.

Potter, along with assistant Billy Reid, first-team coach Bjorn Hamberg and assistant head of recruitment Kyle Macaulay, have all also agreed contract extensions to 2025. The trio joined Potter in moving from Swansea City to Albion last summer.

Chairman Tony Bloom said, “We’ve been really pleased with the start Graham has made as head coach since joining us in the summer, and I’m delighted he and his staff have committed to these new long-term contracts.

“Together with his backroom team, he has continued the club’s progress of recent years and brought a different approach with a new style of play, which has been embraced by players and supporters alike.

“In the summer we unveiled a new long-term vision for us to become an established top-ten Premier League club, and we feel even more strongly that Graham as a bright, energetic and innovative head coach, is the right man to lead us there.”

Potter added, “I’ve had a tremendous welcome from everyone connected to the club — staff, players and fans — and have found it very easy to settle.

“The infrastructure, support and everything associated with the club is first class, and I’m pleased with what we have been able to do already, but there is still a way for us to go.

“I’m thrilled that the club have liked what they’ve seen so far, in a relatively short period of time, and have already shown an added confidence in what we are trying to do.

“I hope that this is just the start of what will be another successful period in our history, and I’m extremely grateful that the club have made this long-term commitment.”

This can't be right? Tony Cascarino said he'll be gone by the New Year!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here