Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Tom'll Fix It

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Having trouble with your central heating? Boiler packed up? Electrical appliance not applying itself?

Post your technical mechanical queries here, for prompt invaluable advice :thumbsup:

You will not be charged for this service.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Having trouble with your central heating? Boiler packed up? Electrical appliance not applying itself?

Post your technical mechanical queries here, for prompt invaluable advice :thumbsup:

And it will only take a few minutes to fix or fit I hope?

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
When I turn the hot taps on, I can hear a pipe shaking, it makes a right racket. If I turn it on slowly, it splutters, then clears and I can then have a hot tap on without the shaking noise. Combi boiler. Baxi ecolite. Please fix it for me Tom.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And it will only take a few minutes to fix or fit I hope?
Would that be because:-

It seems an easy enough job...

Come on Icy get with the programme.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
When I turn the hot taps on, I can hear a pipe shaking, it makes a right racket. If I turn it on slowly, it splutters, then clears and I can then have a hot tap on without the shaking noise. Combi boiler. Baxi ecolite. Please fix it for me Tom.

Have you tried turning it off and on again?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

The wife says she's not had a decent flush in ages and wants me to replace my half inch ballcock. Any tips?

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
Bedroom radiator barely heats up. I've checked the thermo. valve and it's not stuck in place. Bled it and no change. Is it one for the landlord?

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003

Should I have a SMART meter installed? How long will it take?

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Have you tried turning her on and off again?

She moans about the half inch ballcock but I told her there's nothing wrong with it, the problem's the flush valve gasket's never open and the lock ring's rusted up. I don't think either of those parts have been properly serviced since we've been married and we've been here 15 years.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Due to the high volume of calls currently being experienced, you have been placed in a queue. Please continue to hold. Your call is invaluable to us.

Could you please change the musak being played while I hold? I don't like Coldplay.

While I have you: My Georgian double fusee bracket clock has stopped. I cannot find the on/off switch; can you help please?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here