Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] PDC Darts Championships

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Sky/PDC's version of the World Championship kicks off in a fortnight and the first and 2nd round draws were made yesterday by popular celebrities.

Draw as below, some tasty ties, highlighted the best of the first round games before the seeds come in and the competition really gets going.....

Mighty Mick' Michael van Gerwen (1) v Jelle Klaasen or Kevin Burness

Ricky 'The Rhino' Evans (32) v Mark McGeeney or Matt Campbell

The Ferret' Jonny Clayton (16) v Ryan Joyce or Jan Dekker

Stephen 'The Bullet' Bunting (17) v Arron Monk or Jose Justicia

The Machine' James Wade (8) v Ritchie Edhouse or Boris Koltsov

The Bronzed Adonis' Steve Beaton (25) v Kyle Anderson or Xiaochen Zong

Ian 'Diamond' White (9) v Darius Labanauskas or Matthew Edgar

Max 'The Maximum Maximizer' Hopp (24) v Gabriel Clemens or Benito van de Pas

The Dreamboy' Gary Anderson (5) v Brendan Dolan or Nitin Kumar

Steve 'Simply the' West (28) v Ryan Searle or Robbie King

Nathan 'The Asp' Aspinall (12) v Andy Boulton or Danny Baggish

Krzysztof 'The Tripod' Ratajski (21) v Jamie Hughes or Zoran Lerchbacher

Bully Boi' Michael Smith (4) v Luke Woodhouse or Paul Lim

Dancing' Dimitri Van den Bergh (29) v Josh Payne or Diogo Portela

Adrian 'Jackpot' Lewis (13) v Cristo Reyes or Lourence Ilagan

The Demolition Man' Darren Webster (20) v Ryan Meikle or Yuki Yamada

Voltage' Rob Cross (2) v Kim Huybrechts or Geert Nentjes

Noppy' Danny Noppert (31) v Steve Lennon or Callan Rydz

Joe 'The Rockstar' Cullen (15) v James Wilson or Nico Kurz

Jermaine 'The Machine Gun' Wattimena (18) v Luke Humphries or Devon Petersen

Peter 'Sanke Bite' Wright (7) v Rowby-John Rodriguez or Noel Malicdem

Keegan 'The Needle' Brown (26) v Mickey Mansell or Seigo Asada

Dave 'Chizzy Rascal' Chisnall (10) v Vincent van der Voort or Keane Barry

Jeffrey 'The Black Cobra' de Zwaan (23) v Raymond van Barneveld or Darin Young

Superchin' Daryl Gurney (6) v Justin Pipe or Benjamin Pratnemer

Glen 'Duzza' Durrant (27) v Jose De Sousa or Damon Heta

The Gentle' Mensur Suljovic (11) v Ted Evetts or Fallon Sherrock

Chris 'Hollywood' Dobey (22) v Ron Meulenkamp or Ben Robb

Gerwyn 'The Iceman' Price (3) v William O'Connor or Marko Kantele

John 'The Highlander' Henderson (30) v James Richardson or Mikuru Suzuki

Simon 'The Wizard' Whitlock (14) v Harry Ward or Madars Razma

Mervyn 'The King' King (19) v Ross Smith or Ciaran Teehan

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Thanks for that Crodo but you've not highlighted the undoubted pick of the draw - Van Gerwen vs Jelle Klaasen, an all-Dutch machine gun affair between two World Champions.

I'd also argue Gary Anderson v Brendan Dolan and Gurney vs Justin Pipe are also two more attractive ties than some of those highlit.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Thanks for that Crodo but you've not highlighted the undoubted pick of the draw - Van Gerwen vs Jelle Klaasen, an all-Dutch machine gun affair between two World Champions.

I'd also argue Gary Anderson v Brendan Dolan and Gurney vs Justin Pipe are also two more attractive ties than some of those highlit.

I’ve only highlighted the best first round games as I don’t yet know who will come through those games to face the seeds.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I’ve only highlighted the best first round games as I don’t yet know who will come through those games to face the seeds.

Fair enough, my bad.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
When will you be drawing Van Gerwen in the sweepstake Crodo? I do hope you've got the warehouse team primed and ready for their usual microscopic analysis of the draw.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Spare a thought for some of the former darts greats not in this tournament and facing an uncertain future: Robert Thornton, Mark Webster, Kevin Painter, Christian Kist, Paul Nicholson, Ted Hankey, Richie Burnett, Colin Osborne, Andy Hamilton, Terry Jenkins.

A lot of these are working class blokes, who had their 10 years of fame, earned some decent money but now the money's dried up. I see Painter lost his tour card, got divorced, is now on the PDC Challenge Tour but has earned £300 in the last year. He's 52, a former builder - where does he go from here?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Shouldn't Mervyn King's nickname just be 'The'?

Mervyn 'The King' King is a bit weird.

I love the PDC. It's as much a Christmas treat for me as mince pies, goose and getting obliterated. It also sends the wife quite mad, so I get to watch in in the back room. However, for this reason I don't watch it for the rest of the year and I have to admit to looking through some of those nicknames on the lesser known players and wondering if they are real or a Crodo special.

Mervyn King should surely be called "The Banker" or "The Baron" after his Bank of England namesake. No? Too high brow?

"Simply The West" is a good gag but looks a bit shit on a shirt. What has earned "The Tripod" his sobriquet? Does he do a lot of photography or does he look like an actual tripod? Is Keegan Brown "the needle" because that's what you use to shoot up brown? I think we should be told (mainly because I can't be arsed to google it all).

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
I love the PDC. It's as much a Christmas treat for me as mince pies, goose and getting obliterated. It also sends the wife quite mad, so I get to watch in in the back room. However, for this reason I don't watch it for the rest of the year and I have to admit to looking through some of those nicknames on the lesser known players and wondering if they are real or a Crodo special.

Mervyn King should surely be called "The Banker" or "The Baron" after his Bank of England namesake. No? Too high brow?

"Simply The West" is a good gag but looks a bit shit on a shirt. What has earned "The Tripod" his sobriquet? Does he do a lot of photography or does he look like an actual tripod? Is Keegan Brown "the needle" because that's what you use to shoot up brown? I think we should be told (mainly because I can't be arsed to google it all).

The nicknames are all penis-related. ALL.

Yoda

English & European
Shouldn't Mervyn King's nickname just be 'The'?

Mervyn 'The King' King is a bit weird.

It should be 'The King' Mervyn King. A lot of the nicknames are in front of their name, not the middle. Also, why no nicknames from those in the first round? And to top it off, who the bloody hell is 'Mighty Mick'? I've heard of 'Mighty Mike', but not 'Mighty Mick'.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
It should be 'The King' Mervyn King. A lot of the nicknames are in front of their name, not the middle. Also, why no nicknames from those in the first round? And to top it off, who the bloody hell is 'Mighty Mick'? I've heard of 'Mighty Mike', but not 'Mighty Mick'.

Most of the first round players do have nicknames but they are not on there, not all are so imaginative....

Madars Ramza - Razmatazz
James 'ruthless' Richardson
Jan 'Double Dekker' Dekker

Yoda

English & European
Most of the first round players do have nicknames but they are not on there, not all are so imaginative....

Madars Ramza - Razmatazz
James 'ruthless' Richardson
Jan 'Double Dekker' Dekker

I know they do (darts fan and player myself). I quite like Jan Dekker's as he's introduced simply as Jan 'Double' Dekker. Has a better ring to it.

Again, James Richardson would be 'Ruthless' James Richardson.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Crodo - why is Krzysztof 'The Tripod' Ratajski called "The Tripod? I don't understand.

Braggfan

In the beginning there was nothing, which exploded
May 12, 2014
I don't know what odds he's got, but I think Price has a great chance of reaching the final looking at the draw

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Crodo - why is Krzysztof 'The Tripod' Ratajski called "The Tripod? I don't understand.

He's not - he is the Polish Eagle.....I'm hoping he isn't a Palace fan.

Roland Scholten is the Tripod.

this is a quote from Wayne Mardle's book:

As I said, Roland's from Holland and he's a big lad. He's known as The Tripod because, ahem, he's a big boy all over if you know what I mean.

I guess he may have been asked to change that and became the flying Dutchman.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

I think it’s because he’s got 3 legs.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Think I’ve mentioned it on Crodos thread before but I’m good mates with Pipey - went down Friday for the game v King. He’s been playing very well - one reason is he’s now working ‘normally’ again and isn’t giving the darts much thought but seems to be working. Not the kindest draw If we manages to get through but has beaten everyone so no fear.

As for MVG v Klaasen there’s also quite a bit of history there and they don’t talk. Some dick pics and a sister were involved...

Spare a thought for some of the former darts greats not in this tournament and facing an uncertain future: Robert Thornton, Mark Webster, Kevin Painter, Christian Kist, Paul Nicholson, Ted Hankey, Richie Burnett, Colin Osborne, Andy Hamilton, Terry Jenkins.

A lot of these are working class blokes, who had their 10 years of fame, earned some decent money but now the money's dried up. I see Painter lost his tour card, got divorced, is now on the PDC Challenge Tour but has earned £300 in the last year. He's 52, a former builder - where does he go from here?

Painter will / is probably still picking up some exhibition money. He was quite bored of playing the same old players week in week out anyway but surely must be missing the £s now. It is indeed very sad that a number of these big names are missing out but the standard now is just mental. The money in it is far better as a result now.

atfc village

Mar 28, 2013
Lower Bourne .Farnham

Burnett should of stayed off the sniff,having worked his way back up only to fail a drug test.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here