Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton Women next league match vs Reading brought forward to Friday evening

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
I know this is a bit of a hard sell as its the women, playing at Crawley, on a Friday night at the end of a wet November but what the heck :)

Anyway, due to Crawley Town playing their FA Cup Second Round match on Sunday afternoon, the Albion Womens Super League match against Reading has been moved to Friday 29th November, kick-off 7.45pm. All existing tickets that have been bought in advance will be valid. This will be a tough game against middle of the table Reading, and having lost the ever lively Brazil for the season with an ACL injury suffered in the Birmingham win at the Amex (hope shes back next season better than ever).

Advance Tickets are still available from the Albion Ticket office at the following prices:

Adult: £4
Seniors (65+): £2
Under 18: £2

Tickets will also be available on the day at the stadium (cash only) for the following prices:
Adult: £6
Seniors (65+): £3
Under 18: £3

Free parking included subject to availability, and as usual free coach travel can be booked from various locations via www.seagull-travel.co.uk

UTA! :albion2:

Perry's Tracksuit Bottoms

King of Sussex
Oct 3, 2003
Lost
A bit of an own goal this given how hard the club were pushing the Reading game in conjuction with the Birmingham game. My kids were very keen to go having missed out on tickets at the roulette wheel on the concourse, but I'm definitely not taking them to Crawley on a Friday night!

BlockDpete

Oct 8, 2005
Is the Redz Bar open for Brighton ladies games?

Living in Crawley, I might get along, then get home for an early night before the Liverpool game.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Is the Redz Bar open for Brighton ladies games?

Living in Crawley, I might get along, then get home for an early night before the Liverpool game.

Bit hit and miss I'm afraid. Its supposed to be but isn't always and there seems to be no way of finding out in advance.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I know this is a bit of a hard sell as its the women, playing at Crawley, on a Friday night at the end of a wet November but what the heck :)

Anyway, due to Crawley Town playing their FA Cup Second Round match on Sunday afternoon, the Albion Womens Super League match against Reading has been moved to Friday 29th November, kick-off 7.45pm. All existing tickets that have been bought in advance will be valid. This will be a tough game against middle of the table Reading, and having lost the ever lively Brazil for the season with an ACL injury suffered in the Birmingham win at the Amex (hope shes back next season better than ever).

Advance Tickets are still available from the Albion Ticket office at the following prices:

Adult: £4
Seniors (65+): £2
Under 18: £2

Tickets will also be available on the day at the stadium (cash only) for the following prices:
Adult: £6
Seniors (65+): £3
Under 18: £3

Free parking included subject to availability, and as usual free coach travel can be booked from various locations via www.seagull-travel.co.uk

UTA! :albion2:

Is there some sort of FFP in the women's game? I really can't see how a club can come close to being sustainable with a few hundred people paying up to £6 each.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Is there some sort of FFP in the women's game? I really can't see how a club can come close to being sustainable with a few hundred people paying up to £6 each.

I don't think there can be - didn't Man U just whip out the old cheque book and buy themselves a top notch women's team when they decided they wanted to join in a couple of seasons ago?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

If there was any kind of FFP there wouldn't be professional women's teams IMO (willing to be contradicted as I can't be bothered to check). Let's take the best possible scenario and say there's a gate of 800 paying full price each that's still only £4,800 before expenses. The Beeb certainly won't be paying much for the rights and you could only apportion sponsorship money once you've dealt out the lions' share to the mens' team to cover actual FFP.

For now Mr Bloom is good to subsidise it as part of the overall club brand and fair play to him. If the game had to be sustainable it would fold tomorrow - but then you could say that about a fair bit of the mens' professional game as well. Bolton and Bury aren't unique.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
I'm sure the FA have placed a few bob in the pot and sponsorship helps as well. If Mr Bloom wants a top four ladies team, he'll help however he can.
As the professionalism gets better, interest will grow. So a few years down the line FFP will come into effect

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I struggle to do Sunday games, so Friday is better (I may be the only one).

Big game, winnable, against a side in form but not too far ahead of us, must be one Hope is targeting for momentum. Brazil is out with a ruptured ACL (Laura Rafferty still long term recovery I imagine) lets hope, Hope has a fit squad apart from this.

Attachments

• WSL L.jpg
    WSL L.jpg
    240.3 KB · Views: 73

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I really can't see how a club can come close to being sustainable with a few hundred people paying up to £6 each.

errrr.most of football then.

League 1 and below, kids football, Albions U 23 football, Downs syndrome teams, mental heath adult teams, blind football, powerchair football.

1200 girls play football with the Albion teams every year, it must be one of the biggest growing sectors of sport in Europe. Bloom and Amex are spending £25 million building a state of the art womens and girls training centre at Lancing with three new pictures. It was impressive to see the work going on last Friday when the U23's played Liverpool. This game was free to ST holders, SOLD OUT, yet looked about 2/3 full so about 300 plus fans, scouts and media. We played two players who cost us over £1 million each, Richards and Yapi.

The Bloom Albion backed machine rolls on. I am absolutely blown away by the funding of the scores of teams Albion fund. Under Bloom's stewardship I believe they all play at the highest level they can. On top of this we are producing so many internationals at every level, the English FA must love us.

The women got a double promotion to get to the WSL and did so well to stay up last year. I say support all this and be proud the club is so bloody football inclusive.

Come on Albion, I shall be cheering you on Friday and enjoying the fantastic ride.

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Pretty open good half of football ends with Albion 2-1 up at halftime after good goals from Whelan and Umothong after going behind. Will be surprised if Bowman comes out for 2nd half tho after blow to head which might effect our play. Its blooming freezingwatching though!

phoenix

May 18, 2009
2-2 ffs. I was well into that.

4 minutes added time and they score after nearly 5 1/2 minutes great !!!

zeetha

Apr 11, 2011
Gutted for Brighton who had held out against increasing Reading pressure quite well until almost the final kick of the match when they scored after an almighty goalmouth scramble. Lots of good play today and speedy attacks - only a few misplaced passes from scoring more.

Fair play to the over 500 in the crowd - it was blooming freezing watching. I'm sure I'll be able to feel my feet again soon...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here