Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Washing Machine Repairs

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm sure Mrs W is going around purposely breaking things at the moment what with the roof and now the machine has broken.

Got a Samsung washer drier that gets to the last 13 minutes of any cycle and displays an "5E" code. Now I know this suggests a blockage and I've cleared all the filters including the 'flue' that get's bunged up with the tumble drying fluff. It's like it gets to the point to drain and then spin and it stops. Probably worth mentioning that I left it on 5E for a while and then all the fuses ( plug and isolating switch ) suddenly blew.

Are there any experts on here that can suggest where I look next please.

Or, can anyone recommend a decent independent repair person ?

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Had similar, error code on dry. ‘Heater’ apparently. No one fixes these things anymore because they don’t teach it in colleges anymore because there’s no money in it, too easy/cheap to just replace. This might change when the EU directive takes effect next year which stipulates all electrical goods worth over £100 have to be repairable for at least 5 years. So we’ll be fine then.........oh..

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Had similar, error code on dry. ‘Heater’ apparently. No one fixes these things anymore because they don’t teach it in colleges anymore because there’s no money in it, too easy/cheap to just replace. This might change when the EU directive takes effect next year which stipulates all electrical goods worth over £100 have to be repairable for at least 5 years. So we’ll be fine then.........oh..

I think Mrs W might have a fit if I tell her to wait until next year !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Oh I can't wait for someone to say it's a 5 minute job. It's going to be hilarious.

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
I'm sure Mrs W is going around purposely breaking things at the moment what with the roof and now the machine has broken.

Got a Samsung washer drier that gets to the last 13 minutes of any cycle and displays an "5E" code. Now I know this suggests a blockage and I've cleared all the filters including the 'flue' that get's bunged up with the tumble drying fluff. It's like it gets to the point to drain and then spin and it stops. Probably worth mentioning that I left it on 5E for a while and then all the fuses ( plug and isolating switch ) suddenly blew.

Are there any experts on here that can suggest where I look next please.

Or, can anyone recommend a decent independent repair person ?

You've probably seen this but just in case you have not...
https://removeandreplace.com/2016/1...ays-error-code-5e-message-how-to-clear-error/
It mentions that the drain pump may need replacing if all other checks are OK.

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Oh I can't wait for someone to say it's a 5 minute job. It's going to be hilarious.

It's a 5 minute job.

washing-machine-repairing-services-500x500.jpg

NOT THAT FUNNY!

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Part point Hove

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
If you have space, would you consider a separate dryer?

Washer dryers are notoriously unreliable and not particularly efficient and you can plough through the washing quicker, if one machine is not tied up for 4-5 hours on a single load.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here