Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Sports Personality of the Year 2019

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
The BBC are drawing out the nominations as much as possible, with five announced and one to go. So far we have:

Ben Stokes
Dina Asher-Smith
Raheem Sterling
Alun Wyn Jones
Lewis Hamilton

I'm guessing Katrina Johnson-Thompson will probably be the sixth. One Show viewers will be the first to know this evening (obviously).

Unsurprisingly, the betting markets suggest Ben Stokes winning is a foregone conclusion.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Well Raheem Stirling certainly won't get the award after his Twitter apology, on trying to beat up Gomez.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
SPOTY + The One Show.

Come on [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] just because this is your board, it doesn't mean you can break 'The Code'.

I shall be waiting for the thread from Lyme Regis before I comment.

#StayInYourLane.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I know Alun Wyn Jones has been nominated and rightly so, but what does Maro Itoje have to do to get nominated for this award? Since it is Christmas his list of career achievements reads like a carol:

4 Premier League titles, 3 European Cup titles, 2 Six Nations victories and a World Cup Final appearance. He is a colossus.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Does anybody still watch spoty.

The BBC barely have the rights to show pro-celebrity tiddlywinks these days.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I would vote Dina Asher-Smith or Katrina Johnson-Thompson. I am finding it difficult to pick between the two. Both had fantastic seasons - I would love to see them both convert their World Championships victories into Olympic Gold medals next year.

Last edited:

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I hope one of the athletic girls win. They are amazing.

I would vote Dina Asher-Smith or Katrine Johnson-Thompson. I am finding it difficult to pick between the two. Both had fantastic seasons - I would love to see them both convert their World Championships victories into Olympic Gold medals next year.

Agreed. It'll either be Stokes (cue loads of wailing about 'assault charges' etc) or the glorified taxi driver fella (yawn) though.

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Stokes or KTJ.

Please not Lewis Hamilton.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Stokes, two amazing highlights of the summer. Incredible. Should win by a mile.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I backed Hamilton at 22-1 a while ago.

So i'll be voting for him

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
I know Alun Wyn Jones has been nominated and rightly so, but what does Maro Itoje have to do to get nominated for this award? Since it is Christmas his list of career achievements reads like a carol:

4 Premier League titles, 3 European Cup titles, 2 Six Nations victories and a World Cup Final appearance. He is a colossus.
In which case it should be Owen Farrell: 5 Premier League titles, 3 European Cup titles, 2 Six Nations victories, 1 victorious Lions tour and a World Cup Final appearance.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here