Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Food] Vermin!

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
No, not Palace fans, the furry kind of vermin. B&stard rats have been in my garage and decimated over £200 worth of Celebrations and Cadbury’s Heroes tubs that I’d bought to give out to customers over the festive period. The furry little ars£ holes have chewed straight through the plastic boxes and run off with the swag. I say run off, they have deposited most of it around the garage in small piles in boxes where they have chewed and pissed all over lots of old of old baby clothes (My wife was in bits about this, all the things we’d kept from the boys when they were little) and other assorted bits and bobs.

Horrific job clearing it all out, the warm stench of rat piss and chocolate will remain in my nostrils for a long while and I doubt i'll eat any chocolate for ages. Put everything in the bin, went to empty bin, bloody rat jumped out and ran away. My dog goes mental for squirrels but she didn’t even think about the chase. Smart dog.

Had to call my boss and explain I needed to claim more chocolates on my expenses, that was a embarrassing call. I’d done the same thing for last 6 years, stored chocs in the garage and not so much as a nibbled box was found prior to this year. There were about 30 boxes containing bottles of wine and they are saturated in what smells like rat p!ss so they are all for the tip also. He was quite kind about it and saw the funny side. (Glad someone can)

Ground work crew just demolished a site with an old garden nursery on it behind our house I think they kept ducks and chickens there as well. They are building 30 new houses and the rats have been displaced buy the building work and looks like they headed our way.

I have a couple of Rat traps (Big mouse traps with peanut butter bait, no joy so far) but if anyone has any tips on getting rid of them, preventing them coming back or just some funny vermin related stories to cheer me up it would be appreciated.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
albion v millwall 33.JPG.gallery.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
No, not Palace fans, the furry kind of vermin. B&stard rats have been in my garage and decimated over £200 worth of Celebrations and Cadbury’s Heroes tubs that I’d bought to give out to customers over the festive period. The furry little ars£ holes have chewed straight through the plastic boxes and run off with the swag. I say run off, they have deposited most of it around the garage in small piles in boxes where they have chewed and pissed all over lots of old of old baby clothes (My wife was in bits about this, all the things we’d kept from the boys when they were little) and other assorted bits and bobs.

Horrific job clearing it all out, the warm stench of rat piss and chocolate will remain in my nostrils for a long while and I doubt i'll eat any chocolate for ages. Put everything in the bin, went to empty bin, bloody rat jumped out and ran away. My dog goes mental for squirrels but she didn’t even think about the chase. Smart dog.

Had to call my boss and explain I needed to claim more chocolates on my expenses, that was a embarrassing call. I’d done the same thing for last 6 years, stored chocs in the garage and not so much as a nibbled box was found prior to this year. There were about 30 boxes containing bottles of wine and they are saturated in what smells like rat p!ss so they are all for the tip also. He was quite kind about it and saw the funny side. (Glad someone can)

Ground work crew just demolished a site with an old garden nursery on it behind our house I think they kept ducks and chickens there as well. They are building 30 new houses and the rats have been displaced buy the building work and looks like they headed our way.

I have a couple of Rat traps (Big mouse traps with peanut butter bait, no joy so far) but if anyone has any tips on getting rid of them, preventing them coming back or just some funny vermin related stories to cheer me up it would be appreciated.

Traps are no good really in that situation - sounds like you have industrial numbers of the sods and they'll breed way faster than you can catch them. You need to get a professional in - get all entrances blocked etc. I've got some that go in and out of my shed (they've chewed 3 holes in the floor), they feed on what falls off the bird feeders. Not much I can do as we live next to open woodland with a small stream, so a natural habitat. I do keep an air rifle in the kitchen and have taken a few out, along with some squirrels.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
30 cases of wine!

Well, unless the rats took the top off and pissed in the bottle, there should be nothing wrong that a good wash cant put right.

I bet a lot of bottles you get in pubs and restaurants have been rat pissed while in storage.

I can come around and pick them up if you want, I promise to take great care of them.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
Traps are no good really in that situation - sounds like you have industrial numbers of the sods and they'll breed way faster than you can catch them. You need to get a professional in - get all entrances blocked etc. I've got some that go in and out of my shed (they've chewed 3 holes in the floor), they feed on what falls off the bird feeders. Not much I can do as we live next to open woodland with a small stream, so a natural habitat. I do keep an air rifle in the kitchen and have taken a few out, along with some squirrels.

I have a blackwidow catapult I bought a few years ago, might did it out and get some target practice.

Alba Badger

Mar 14, 2016
Straight outta Felpham
30 cases of wine!

Well, unless the rats took the top off and pissed in the bottle, there should be nothing wrong that a good wash cant put right.

I bet a lot of bottles you get in pubs and restaurants have been rat pissed while in storage.

I can come around and pick them up if you want, I promise to take great care of them.

36 bottles, not case, sorry gave wring impression. they are yours mate! Red and White. DM me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here