Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Four wins

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
10 of the eleven 11 between 5th and 15th have won exactly four of their 13 fixtures (thanks for ruining it Burnley).

If Villa beat Newcastle tonight, then that becomes 11 of 12.

Tight, innit?

(For comparison, after 13 games last year, we were also on 15 points, also in 12th place, but seven points clear of the bottom three)

Screenshot 2019-11-25 at 09.43.34.png

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Bozza,

Interesting. What was the situation with Goal Difference this time last year do you know? It seems that the bottom three have really
awful GDs this season, which of course is worth a point to the rest in practice.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Bozza,

Interesting. What was the situation with Goal Difference this time last year do you know? It seems that the bottom three have really
awful GDs this season, which of course is worth a point to the rest in practice.

Here you go...

Screenshot 2019-11-25 at 09.59.43.png

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Bozza,

Oh gawd, now you've done it. I had a six page spackfest with someone earlier this year telling me its worth half a point.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Incredibly tight this season, just 5 points covering 5th (Wolves) to 15th (Everton). This time last season Everton were 5 points behind 5th place (Arsenal) but found themselves in 6th place in the table.

To answer [MENTION=29690]essbee1[/MENTION] question about goal difference. Fulham in 20th had -19, Cardiff in 19th had -15 and Southampton in 18th had -14, so this season is very similar in that respect.

https://www.premierleague.com/matchweek/3272/table

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's quite remarkable how close we're tracking to last season.

In both seasons...

Played: 13
Won: 4
Drawn: 3
Lost: 6
Against: 19

The only difference is last year we'd scored 14 at this stage, and this year we've scored 15.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
Incredibly tight this season, just 5 points covering 5th (Wolves) to 15th (Everton). This time last season Everton were 5 points behind 5th place (Arsenal) but found themselves in 6th place in the table.

To answer [MENTION=29690]essbee1[/MENTION] question about goal difference. Fulham in 20th had -19, Cardiff in 19th had -15 and Southampton in 18th had -14, so this season is very similar in that respect.

https://www.premierleague.com/matchweek/3272/table

Ta Joey.

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
yeah Wolves and Sheff U doing great whereas Everton struggling. Marathon not a sprint etc

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009

In both seasons...

The only difference is last year we'd scored 14 at this stage, and this year we've scored 15.

Last season we were just about to embark on a run of very winnable fixtures with Huddersfield, Burnley & Crystal Palace coming up. This season looks we have groups of winnable games followed by groups of tough fixtures together, harder to keep momentum going and difficult to catch up if we fall behind

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

In both seasons...

I'm reasonably comforted by that in as much as if we're anything like as bad as were were in the second half of the season, we'll deserve to go down. I don't think we will be.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit

In both seasons...

..and last season at this stage we thought we were doing really well. Hopefully we don't follow the same track as last year from now onward.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
3 points on Saturday should easy us away from the bottom.

Whitley Bayster

Jul 4, 2011
Whitley Bay Tyne and Wear
Whilst the points range is quite tight from fourth to the relagation places a really poor goal difference at this stage of the season is strong relegation indicator. I would confidently bet that tat least 2 if not all of the present bottom 3 will be there come May

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I think how clubs cope with injuries and suspensions go a long way in determining who struggles and who doesn't

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Why would you expect a win? Potter is not winning any more than Hughton.

Most though seem to fancy the style without any better results. You get what you wish for I suppose.

Question is same results either watch shite dour 11 behind the ball defending, or Potterball.

No brainer really.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Most though seem to fancy the style without any better results. You get what you wish for I suppose.

I Think it was tongue in cheek given who we are playing.. at least I took it that way!

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005

I'm fairly sure he wasn't expecting it! Sarcasm lost on you I feel.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here