Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The recognised top 6

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
What’s it called? Cumbernauld
Once arsenal are out the way we would’ve played 5 of the top 6 (recognised) away from home. Mr potters tactics against some of the lesser clubs should be easier to judge. Half a season in the other clubs around us would’ve analysed our style and hopefully we are still ahead of the game. I’m Confident we’ll finish between 8-13th which would be a fabulous starting point under gp and something really positive to build on for the future.

What say you?

The Optimist

NSC Patron
Apr 6, 2008
Lewisham
I think we’ll accumulate more points in the second half of the season than the first, as switching our style of play definitely involves a learning curve.

8th would be incredible. I’d be delighted with 12th and our highest ever top flight finish.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
I think we’ll accumulate more points in the second half of the season than the first, as switching our style of play definitely involves a learning curve.

8th would be incredible. I’d be delighted with 12th and our highest ever top flight finish.
Yer the learning curve has been steep for sure. I think he’ll get funds in January if he wants them. Even if it’s a couple of loans until the youngsters or better value in the summer becomes available

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Finishing 8th - 13th :laugh:

Noted

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I got my fishing rod out just for you treacle
Like many of the gimps on here, we will do well to stay up. That will be our biggest achievement under this current clown.
I have us going down with Norwich and Watford

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
Like many of the gimps on here, we will do well to stay up. That will be our biggest achievement under this current clown.

We all know what you have mate. The fact that you’re unable to debate on this subject is one of the reasons folk think you’re a troll why don’t you give us some viable alternatives and why you think his tactics are so flawed?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We're currently 12th in case you hadn't noticed. I'm starting to think you just do this for attention.
Come back to me in May

Noted

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We all know what you have mate. The fact that you’re unable to debate on this subject is one of the reasons folk think you’re a troll why don’t you give us some viable alternatives and why you think his tactics are so flawed?

I debated this on a number occasions. Scroll back in my history posts. Not going to keep banging on how poor Potter is tactically.

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton

There's a shock. This is why people think you're a troll. Total negativity in the face of justified optimism. Potter is working with Hughton's squad and our youth team. We're 12th at the end of November and are playing good football. We've had a couple of crap games but overall I think even a slug could see that we've got a decent platform to build on here.

What exactly do you want spence? 6th place? 1st? 8 consecutive 5-0 wins?

You do a lot of moaning and doom mongering and precious little discussion. So tell us, who would you get in and how long would you give them before you labelled them a clown?

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
To be perfectly honest I am happy just for the team to stay in the Premier League. We're not a top 6 club although we're aiming to be a top 10 club. Baby steps.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
I debated this on a number occasions. Scroll back in my history posts. Not going to keep banging on how poor Potter is tactically.

You've said we've been terrible defensively but the stats don't bear this out. We've conceded 19, the same as Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea. 6 clubs have conceded more. If we're as bad as you say, why aren't we leaking goals?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
There's a shock. This is why people think you're a troll. Total negativity in the face of justified optimism. Potter is working with Hughton's squad and our youth team. We're 12th at the end of November and are playing good football. We've had a couple of crap games but overall I think even a slug could see that we've got a decent platform to build on here.

What exactly do you want spence? 6th place? 1st? 8 consecutive 5-0 wins?

You do a lot of moaning and doom mongering and precious little discussion. So tell us, who would you get in and how long would you give them before you labelled them a clown?

I've already debated so many times. As for who I would get in that is a pathetic childish question. I'm not quallfied or employed to scout managers. . Rest of your post is drivel really.
I want us to be competing with a mid table finish. Not much to ask is it?
You are not getting that with Potter
Come back to me later when all other managers have worked out our flaws and how poor Potter is tactically.

albionfan37

Aug 14, 2014
I've already debated so many times. As for who I would get in that is a pathetic childish question. I'm not quallfied or employed to scout managers. . Rest of your post is drivel really.
I want us to be competing with a mid table finish. Not much to ask is it?
You are not getting that with Potter
Come back to me later when all other managers have worked out our flaws and how poor Potter is tactically.

A statement dripping in irony

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here