Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] West Ham to move for Chris Hughton?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure he’s a West Ham style manager but given the players at this level, who knows. I wish him the best though and will be chuffed for him if he got a job that big.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The article also says Sean Dyche would be interested. Hmmm ................

The article also suggests they are thinking about signing Jordan Archer - That would definitely seal Relegation for them - Archer is absolutely hopeless and used to cost Millwall about 10 goals per season

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What would they want him for? Over the years, they have been synonymous with open, attacking football.

Isnt that more of a myth from the Harry Redknapp era than something being the actual case in the 00s onwards? Glenn Roder, Alan Pardew, Alan Curbishley, Sam Allardyce etc are names that dont really scream "lets have fun".

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Isnt that more of a myth from the Harry Redknapp era than something being the actual case in the 00s onwards? Glenn Roder, Alan Pardew, Alan Curbishley, Sam Allardyce etc are names that dont really scream "lets have fun".

If Chris Hughton gets the job, he'll have all the locals pointing at his suit in confusion, as to what this new type of smart clothing is to hit the east end.

Last edited:

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Interesting.

I’d think Hughton would be seen as a bad appointment by West Ham fans (if he’s not good enough for Brighton why is he good enough for us?) but would be curious to see their views if they think otherwise.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
As expected WH fans not completely happy about the link to Hughton:

“You'd have to be a mental defective to want Hughton. Haven't people learnt anything from the Allardyce era. If you want shit football, fill your boots and get Hughton in”

“‘He’s never really been backed financially’

I read somewhere recently that Brighton have had a bigger net spend than us over the last few years, so you are incorrect.

I am absolutely astounded that a lot of you seem to want Hughton to manage us. He has had 4 management jobs, and been sacked in 3 of them. For **** sake.”

“You want a bloke that was recently sacked by BRIGHTON?

****ING HELL”

[emoji23]

More here: http://www.westhamonline.net/forum_flat.php?9387490|n|1|1

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Highlights from Chris Hughton’s press conference as West Ham prepare for their first game with him in charge:

“These are a farkin’ good side.”

“We know our bleedin’ level.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Highlights from Chris Hughton’s press conference as West Ham prepare for their first game with him in charge:

“These are a farkin’ good side.”

“We know our bleedin’ level.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slightly disrespectful. Considering. Where Brighton were when he became Manager to where they were when he left

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
To be brutally honest, I can't see club owners and chairmen in the Premier League ever giving Chris a chance.
I feel that the last half of last season has seriously damaged his reputation and no one wants to even think about playing that brand of football.
His stock in trade is to bring teams up from the lower leagues and then move on to a similar circumstance, not a bad career considering bonuses available.
Know your capabilities.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here