Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] The Big Six

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Having just heard someone on SSN say that Citeh are “hanging onto the shirt tales of Liverpool”, completely ignoring the fact that Leicester are in fact in second place, what do you suppose it will take for the “Big Six” to cease to be the “Big Six”? Three of these Super Teams are currently pootling around upper mid-table, and are quite frankly not hugely inspiring. Leicester are clearly an extremely good team (they beat us after all), highly likely to be playing Champions League football next year, and won the Premier League only recently. Does it all have to be so set in stone?

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yeh, I don't think there is a big six any more.

Like you say, it's not set in stone, teams come in and drop out.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Football was only invented for the big six (according to Sky)

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Just need the authorities to have some balls and enforce financial fair play rules.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
This season to me looks more like a top four. Can't see any other side breaking into it, all far too inconsistent.
Spurs may have a bounce under Moaninho now but Arse. and Man U -except against us- look very ordinary.
Maybe I'm wrong but top four as it is for me. **** what SSN say.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I think VAR has been brought in to try Re-establish the top 6 by giving them a second chance with every fine line decision for and against them. There’s so much money in the game that other teams are able to build a decent squad now and SSN don’t like it.

They dread to think that people who chose their teams by location instead of by a piece of plastic in their front room, could win their big time league!

Added note- Leicester, Bournemouth and Palace are financial cheats anyway!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I think we can break into the top six teams supporters who don’t give a f..uck who the top six are.

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It has evolved since 92.

Chelsea and ManC were light years from the best then. Petro dollars changed that.

Leeds and Newcastle were forces for many PL seasons.

Anyway, Citeh will be champs next May ... possibly the best squad any of us have seen in our long football watching times. Certainly the most expensive ever assembled on the planet.

Can LFC, LCFC, ManU, Arsenal, Spuds, cope with key injuries by comparison. No.

Lump your home equity on Sheikh Mansour again.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here