Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Today

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not so sure today I think Connolly = more of the same.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A bad day at the office

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The first half we looked like they had had their xmas piss up a month early last night

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
We missed Dunk as our back 3 were all awful and having him there would have helped the other 2 of them.

Yes, this. Today showed how vital he is, though whilst I understand the rationale, to have Duffy playing on the right of the three rather than central was slightly strange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And Leicester were very good. So quick to close us down, didn't allow us to play our passing game.

We started to in the second half and then they cut through us like butter for their first goal

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
We were ok but a bit toothless and panicky at the back, but we were playing an excellent team. Very quick to retrieve the ball and attack but also very solid at the back. We were as ineffective as Leicester were effective.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
To not even test Schmichael once the whole game was very disappointing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Vardy is fast. He showed the difference at this level. I like the passing from the back but it takes ages to get to their goal and then we seem scared to actually have a pop

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

Attachments

• Nzip1.jpg
    Nzip1.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 251

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I had today and next week down as the game that exposes Potter’s style with our lesser players and a good chance of a heavy defeat. I am disappointed but not vaguely surprised about what happened today. Hopefully we can get away as lightly next week.

Put it another way, when did we last look remotely capable of beating a top six team in form? Yes we’ve beaten an on strike United team twice and an out of sorts Spurs side, other than that I just remember us being put to the sword and being outplayed.

We have some pretty demanding fans although it would be nice to give these sides a decent game one day, most other teams like us pull off the occasional big shock. Not something the Albion have done since we got promoted.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I feel we're progressing, still.

Vardy was an absolute nightmare today. Respect to him that he's bloody everywhere, chasing and chasing absolutely any and all sniffs of a chance. I think it eventually unnerved our defence.

Maupay seemed to be the only one who was up for doing the same for us.

I wasn't embarrassed today. The better team won but we gave a fairly decent account of ourselves and weren't spanked.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Connolly not so much because we could have played Kane, Lewandowski or any other world class striker you can name and it wouldn’t have made a difference. The attackers had no supply or support to work with at all.

Alzate on the other hand we missed massively IMO. I’ve said it before but if he’s not already, he’ll be recognised as our best midfielder before too long. Alzate and Mooy need to start every game when fit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here